• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We next move to England for the next journey.....

This is number 728 in the series so far.....

The journey starts at the closed station of Naburn
It follows the line of the Great Northern Railway Main Line
It then follows the line of the LYR Askern Branch Line
It then follows the line of the Wakefield, Pontefract and Goole Railway
It then follows the line of the LYR/GNR Methley Joint Railway
It then follows the line of the East and West Yorkshire Union Railway
It then follows the line of the North Midland Railway....note 1st and 2nd stations
It then follows the line of the MR Melbourne Line
It then follows the line of the MR Leicester to Burton upon Trent Line...via the Woodville loop line
It then follows the line of the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the MR Birmingham to Leicester Line
It then follows the line of the Ashby and Nuneaton Joint Railway
It then follows the line of the Charnwood Forest Railway
The journey ends at the closed station of Loughborough Derby Road

The first closed station on this journey is Naburn

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
QUERY RAISED

When we left Womersley station on the LYR Askern Branch Line, we took the Wakefield, Pontefract and Goole Railway passing through the two currently open stations of Knottingley and Pontfract Monkhill, in order to connect with the LYR/GNR Methley Joint Railway and after Pontefract Monkhill, my route called at the closed station of Castleford Cutsyke in order to meet the next line at the closed station of Methley South.

DerekC

Established Member
QUERY RAISED

When we left Womersley station on the LYR Askern Branch Line, we took the Wakefield, Pontefract and Goole Railway passing through the two currently open stations of Knottingley and Pontfract Monkhill, in order to connect with the LYR/GNR Methley Joint Railway and after Pontefract Monkhill, my route called at the closed station of Castleford Cutsyke in order to meet the next line at the closed station of Methley South.

Oh dear - sorry, @Calthrop and I have gone the wrong way! Probably the best thing to do is go back to Womersley. I will delete my incorrect posting.