• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Ok - so taking the chord linking the NBR main line to the old E&DR route (chord not shown on the E&DR Wikipedia page) we get to:

Portobello (1st station - 1832 to 1846)

Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not the case that there was only ever one Portobello station on the line of the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway? One way of making the difference clear is to refer to these two stations as Portobello (E&DR) and Portobello (NBR), there only being one such named station on either of those two lines.

Cairney

Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not the case that there was only ever one Portobello station on the line of the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway?

That's correct, but I thought the convention in this game is that we give as much information as possible to identify which station we are talking about when there is possible ambiguity. The second Portobello station was on the NBR main line which was specifically excluded from this journey.

Sheriffhall