• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Stockport Portwood

Vishnu, there is no such closed passenger railway station as that one..:roll:.....Stockport Tiviot Dale (the station previously named) was in the Portwood district of Stockport, so you may have been mislaid by that association. Remember what the rules of the quiz state with regards to Goods Stations not being allowed as entries on this quiz.

There are only two more closed stations to name on this particular journey, including the final one that is already named in the preamble.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Hayfield...as named in the preamble...is the final closed station.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We now move across into the Shropshire, Cheshire and North Wales Region, for the next journey....

This quiz is number 53 so far....and has more lines on it than any other quiz so far

The journey starts at the open station of Whitchurch
It follows the line of the Oswestry, Ellesmere and Whichurch Railway
It then follows the line of the Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway
It then follows the line of the Borderlands line
It then follows the line of the Wirral Railway
It then follows the line of the Chester and Birkenhead Railway
It then follows the line of the Mold Railway
It then follows the line of the Mold and Denbigh Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the Denbigh, Ruthin and Corwen Railway
It then follows the line of the Ruthin to Barmouth line
It then follows the line of the Bala and Ffestiniog Railway
The journey ends at the open station of Blaenau Ffestiniog

The first closed station is Fenn's Bank

VishnuBachani

W̶r̶e̶x̶h̶a̶m̶ ̶C̶e̶n̶t̶r̶a̶l̶

EDIT: Sorry, Paul, I'll do my research better next time. Actually, I'm only visiting India, so I'm not acquainted with Indian Railways at all :).

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Wrexham Central

Vishnu,

Please remember that this is the CLOSED STATIONS journey quiz. Currently open stations are not to be used.....and Wrexham Central still is very much an OPEN station.

I appreciate that we too might have problems if we attempted to enter a similar quiz as this on the Indian Railways network.

Again, please look at the rules of this quiz that are posted in the very first posting on this particular thread.