• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Club 55 rides again

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Interesting news from Arriva Trans Wales is that their 'Club 55' bargain offer for travellers over 55 is to be available again from 10 January to 19 March. With Club 55 you can travel anywhere on the Arriva Trains Wales network - even Holyhead to Milford Haven - for a remarkable £15 return (£13 for Senior Railcard holders.) Full details are on the ATW website

http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/club55.aspx

thanks to Charlie Hume http://www.nwrail.org.uk/nwnews.htm

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
In addition, the ScotRail version of Club 55 runs from 9 January until 31 March 2010 and the details are here.

MCR247

Established Member
I don't think so, no.

Don't they still run Newcastle - Carlisle - Glasgow (?) via Kilmarnock
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In the Northern TT there is a 1712 NCL - GLC M-F and there is two trains into newcastle (there may be more but I only checked quickly)

EDIT: Just checked the website to see where you can use it from. My mistake :oops:

Last edited:

eezypeazy

Northern operate the NCL - CAR section of the through trains under contract to Scotrail. I believe that Northern Rail's similar promotion is offering returns for a fiver, should the NCL-CAR section not be included in the Scottish promotion. There are currently three trains a day NCL to Glasgow, although the first of them might be outside the "off peak" nature of the promotion.

Regards

eezypeazy

John @ home

Established Member
Northern Rail's similar promotion is offering returns for a fiver
Yes, details now available here. £5 flat fare from 11 January - 5 March 2010 but limited to three routes:
* Scarborough - Hull
* Carlisle - Newcastle
* Southport - Manchester

Established Member
3 services daily Newcastle - Glasgow, with 2 back from Glasgow and one from Dumfries. No direct Stranraer services now unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.