• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cobbam incident 455 unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil281

Hi i'm pretty new to this forum?

Just wondering what happened to the 455 that the lorry fell onto a few months ago? Was it scrapped or repaired?

Phil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NXEA!

Hi i'm pretty new to this forum?

Just wondering what happened to the 455 that the lorry fell onto a few months ago? Was it scrapped or repaired?

Phil
Apparently its being repaired with a coach from one of the 210 units, although how this is going to happen I don't know. :lol:

NXEA!

I thought they had all been scrapped years ago!
I think one sets intact, don't quote me on it though, and I'm fairly sure its preserved at the Coventry Railway Centre, but again, open to correction. Personally I would've though it would be easier to just rewire the whole vehicle to make it compatible with the 455 to replace the driving car. Will be interesting to see what they do with it!
Oh, and on behalf of everyone on RailUK I'd like to welcome you to the forum. :)

phil281

I think one sets intact, don't quote me on it though, and I'm fairly sure its preserved at the Coventry Railway Centre, but again, open to correction. Personally I would've though it would be easier to just rewire the whole vehicle to make it compatible with the 455 to replace the driving car. Will be interesting to see what they do with it!
Oh, and on behalf of everyone on RailUK I'd like to welcome you to the forum. :)

Thats got me thinking what about a electro thumper 455? Would make the journey home from Waterloo more interesting! In all seriousness wouldn't be a bad idea for the Reading to Gatwick line?

starrymarkb

Established Member

Isn't it the MS that got hit? So a rewire is out of the question!

455/8

Two coaches were damaged when the lorry hit 5913, the worse off was the Motor coach (MC) and the other carriage that was hit was one of the Driver Trailers (DT).

Status
Not open for further replies.