• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colas 47 at EM Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydro

Established Member
Just waiting for the road north at East Midlands Parkway and a Colas 47 powered through on a steel working, heading southbound, at 1517 or thereabouts. Any idea what it was doing? I didn't think Colas steel workings went down the MML.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pete2210

Hydro, this is a wild guess, but 6M96 Margam - Corby is booked south through Sileby at 14.15. It should be EWS 66 Hauled but maybe there was a failure somewhere

Hydro

Established Member
I passed a DBS 66 hauling a load of steel coils heading towards Manton Jn on the Melton line, I presume that was probably 6M96.

Pete2210

Hydro, just found a better ID 6Z57 Boston - Washwood Heath runs MWF on a Q path and it's Colas 47 hauled, due through Sileby 15.30 conveys steel in covered wagons.

Last edited:

Hydro

Established Member
That sounds like the one, cheers. I've not seen a 47 on a train for ages, now today I see three.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yeah it was 6Z57 Boston Docks to Washwood Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.