• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colton Junction advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

windoze11

lo
im thinking of going to Colton Junction on tuesday for the NRM drag,Scrap train and HST to Loughbrough , is there also much traffic on there aswell besides that thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNERman

Established Member
Sure, a good amount of freight goes through, anything that goes around the avoider at York, normally just 66's unless you wait for the Jarrow Oil Tanks (between 1830 and 1900) which is normally a 60... At the moment you can see coal, steel and scrap...

ash39

Established Member
No way, been trying to find a 60 for weeks including a few visits to colton around that time, does it run daily? Must have been unlucky!

Colton is great, always see 3-4 freights an hour when I go throuh the week. Not been much at weekends. Seems to be mostly gbrf and freightliner I see.

Freightmaster

Established Member
No way, been trying to find a 60 for weeks including a few visits to colton around that time, does it run daily?.
In runs in a later path two or three days* a week,
depending on unloading requirements at Jarrow.

* no pattern as to which days unfortunately - I wish there was!!

MARK

ash39

Established Member
Well I'm here,can stay til 7ish so will let you know if it runs.

Freightmaster

Established Member
If it helps, it is booked to run in the early (WTT) path
every day this week.

MARK

ash39

Established Member
Sailed past at exactly 6:45 - 60007. I need to work on my railway geography though, for some reason I thought Jarrow was in the north east, and I was expecting it to run on the Leeds line as most freight at Colton does. So I was expecting it northbound on the Leeds line and it's actually southbound on the Donny line!

Luckily I'm quick and got about 7 shots of it. Shame I probably can't get there again this week, apart from possibly Wednesday.

Is it often the same loco for a week or can they be switched? Obviously my thinking is there aren't many in operation so it'd probably be the same one until there's reason to swap.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OK, Jarrow IS in the north east, but it was the return working! Oh dear, should think before I type.

Anyway, pics below!

6939235458_c09958a8bb_c.jpg

6939246454_8187692442_c.jpg

6939242654_68ce49f974_c.jpg

Some decent shots from Darlington at the weekend as well, if anyone can be bothered to flick through my flickr (pun intended! ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.