• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 1033 (Urban Scenes) :: Voting

Winning picture

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
I particularly like 3 and 5, great lighting and composition!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looks like we have a tie. Pic no.5 is the best of the three, it has good lighting, good composition and is actually in focus. I'm a bit surprised by the result, I expected no.3 to do better and no.2 to do worse.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
Wow! A three-way tie!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So who wins?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sorry for the delay. Well done to err.... Matt ;)

01 - Harbornite
02 - backontrack
03 - theblackwatch
04 - Stevenage991
05 - matt
06 - curly42
07 - mr_moo

Harbornite

Established Member
Fix!!

I'm kidding. I'm not keen on the loco livery but it's good shot, you had the light in the right place and the Chicago skyline forms a nice backdrop.

backontrack

Established Member
Looks like we have a tie. Pic no.5 is the best of the three, it has good lighting, good composition and is actually in focus. I'm a bit surprised by the result, I expected no.3 to do better and no.2 to do worse.

Erm...thanks :lol:

Harbornite

Established Member
It was meant to be blurry.

You sure? :)

Personally I prefer pictures in focus, although there are ways of achieving "artistic blur". If you set your shutter speed correctly, you can get nice shots whereby the background is blurred but the train is in focus, giving a good impression of speed.

backontrack

Established Member
You sure? :)

Personally I prefer pictures in focus, although there are ways of achieving "artistic blur". If you set your shutter speed correctly, you can get nice shots whereby the background is blurred but the train is in focus, giving a good impression of speed.

Yes, I am sure.

As I came second-top, your view is clearly one not held by others.

Harbornite

Established Member
Yes, I am sure.

As I came second-top, your view is clearly one not held by others.

True, I'm not too fussed because no.5 got the most votes in the end and I've won quite a few of these competitions before so it could be worse.

me123

Established Member
I'm surprised that 3 and 4 scored quite poorly, since they both met the brief quite well and are both good photographs. It's been another pretty strong week.

Harbornite

Established Member
I'm surprised that 3 and 4 scored quite poorly, since they both met the brief quite well and are both good photographs. It's been another pretty strong week.

I agree, the majority have been nicely composed and have good lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.