• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 336 :: Voting

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
**** - forget to put mine in.

Ah well.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
7 would be absolutely fantatsic if it weren't for the tiny bit of handrail stuck in the way of the bottom right corner. 3 is also very good, but the rear Meridian is out of focus, which spoils it somewhat. 4 is also very good, but the shadows put me off. I plumped for 9, good all round shot, with plenty of background other than a unit.

mbonwick

Established Member
I don't think 8 really fits the theme - I'm almost certain that you can see a 66 headlight on the left....

Anyway, I went with 9.

mumrar

Established Member
I don't think 8 really fits the theme - I'm almost certain that you can see a 66 headlight on the left....
Don't know about the left, but a 66 marker light is clearly evident very close the the camera on the bottom right. That said, it's not obvious, and no-one else spotted it, so back to the usual 'don't think it fits, don't vote for it'

Jordy

Established Member
Congrats to mumrar

thumb_L_Bridge.jpg

01 - 91107
02 - David
03 - 37401
04 - curly42
05 - steve 46010
06 - madannie77
07 - Buffer68
08 - GB
09 - Daimler
10 - D1001
11 - mumrar
12 - 90019

Established Member
well done mumrar! :D good shot, I dont have many non-loco fots but I used my best one ,I see units all the time, nothing out of the blue with them really :lol:

mumrar

Established Member
well done mumrar! :D good shot, I dont have many non-loco fots but I used my best one ,I see units all the time, nothing out of the blue with them really :lol:
Yes, but there was nothing out of the ordinary with 47s on cross country services, or electric locos on the west coast, or dmus on the cross-city at the time the best shots of them where taken. That's why you should shoot everything. Particularly with the livery merry-go-round of privatisation

Established Member
Yes, but there was nothing out of the ordinary with 47s on cross country services, or electric locos on the west coast, or dmus on the cross-city at the time the best shots of them where taken. That's why you should shoot everything. Particularly with the livery merry-go-round of privatisation

Very ture, I do have a few unit shots here and there on my PC, must organise better than "Ians photos and having loads folders and files "WMDR" "37" "Nottingham" :lol: and I should clear some up too 40gb taken up by my fots and vids :eep: :)

Ive got 170 116 on the XC...does it count :lol:

mumrar

Established Member
Of course it counts. They all do in the end when outdated. You think you have storage problems? I only have photos, going back just over a year. They are ordered by the date taken, and currently there's about 410Gb! The original shots are about 15Mb, if I like it and post process it that comes out as another 35Mb PSD file, and then a 1Mb website cropped version too. So 50 or so Mb per good shot!

Established Member
Of course it counts. They all do in the end when outdated. You think you have storage problems? I only have photos, going back just over a year. They are ordered by the date taken, and currently there's about 410Gb! The original shots are about 15Mb, if I like it and post process it that comes out as another 35Mb PSD file, and then a 1Mb website cropped version too. So 50 or so Mb per good shot!

Blimey! most of mine are photos, I just resize them to 1024x700odd keeps the file small and the original gets dumped on my laptop :lol: I was amazed at how small my Panoramic shots were less than 1mb :)

Demps

Thats a load of rubbish, its personal preferance, only should you take photos of units 'coff' ****boxes, if you like them.

47's on cross country where nothing out of the ordinary yes, same with electrics on the West coast, but they still had a big following, and that is evident with the photos today. Do DMU's really have the same following? I beg to differ.

mumrar

Established Member
Thats a load of rubbish, its personal preferance, only should you take photos of units 'coff' ****boxes, if you like them.

47's on cross country where nothing out of the ordinary yes, same with electrics on the West coast, but they still had a big following, and that is evident with the photos today. Do DMU's really have the same following?
The 47s and West Coast electrics didn't have big followings until later on in life. You can't honestly believe that steam went and the enthusiasts thought 'Hmm a hellfire diesel, I shall rate these forever more'. Look at 142s, cult following God knows why, just because you don't miss something until it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.