• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor jobs- how many times can I apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMCK

Hi all,

Just curious as to how many times you are allowed to apply for a Conductor/Trainee Conductor role.

Is there a limit as to how many interviews you may be offered? I ask, although I've recently passed the assessments first time.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
The only limits are for driver roles, where you have a maximum of two attempts. Every other role including guards have no limits.

Louby

The only limits are for driver roles, where you have a maximum of two attempts. Every other role including guards have no limits.

No limits on driver interviews as in Dtm interview

NX

That's not quite correct - driver and Guard have two attempts (fails) at the assessment stage.
You can attempt and fail the actual driver/Guards manager interview as many times you like, just don't balls up the assessment twice.

LETHLFH

I don't think there is a national standard guard assessment, I believe TOCs set there own guard assessments and are free to enforce their own maximum number of attempts if they wish, however I've never heard of failing twice and not being able to try again.

455driver

Veteran Member

Wrong!

You can apply as many times as you like, you can take and pass the tests as many times as you like, you can only fail the assessments* twice.

* Not including the DM interview which isnt part of the core tests and can be failed as many times as you like.

The same rules apply for driver and guard roles.

Of course some TOCs may limit the number of times you can apply to them but that is only a Company specific rule and isnt laid down anywhere.

matt565

GWR only allow two attempts at the assessment ( scaat, ticketing selling/checking and verbal reasoning ). If you fail twice, you are banned forever from taking it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.