• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor to depot driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 1980

Has anyone done the transition from guard to depot driver ? If so what were the pluses and negatives. What do your duties consist of doing? I'm guessing train prep bit of shunting, coupling up de coupling etc. Anything else? Is it quite a varied job? As guards we may have a 9hr job but could get a few gaps in the diagram. Is it a solid 9 hrs work as a depot driver.

All inputs welcomed

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Probably differ , depending on the toc . At mine , we don't have depot driver's . The roster has a shed turn and the mainline driver's take turns to do it .

iwasyoungonce

Has anyone transgressed from guard to depot driver ? If so what were the pluses and negatives. What do your duties consist of doing? I'm guessing train prep bit of shunting, coupling up de coupling etc. Anything else? Is it quite a varied job? As guards we may have a 9hr job but could get a few gaps in the diagram. Is it a solid 9 hrs work as a depot driver.

All inputs welcomed
Try not to do too much transgressing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.