• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conflicting calling points for 1L62?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Does 1L62, the 11:30 dep. from Dundee Tay Bridge [DEE] to Edinburgh Waverley [EDB], stop at Dalmeny [DAM]?

I'm updating my train log and upon checking details from Realtime Trains & Open Train Times I notice that DAM appears to be a booked stop.

This is not shown in my hard copy of the WTT nor on my work simplifier - however the diagram number did change for some reason.

Can anyone on the forum shed any light on this minor mystery?

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

michael769

Established Member
It is not listed as stopping in either the current or new public timetable. Nor does it show as stopping in open train times from Monday.

http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/G90570/2012/12/10

OTT does show it stopping there today though.

I guess an unadvertised stop is possible, but I suspect an error in the WTT that has been corrected but the NR data feeds were not updated until the new timetable.

In the new timetable the WTT departure time at DEE changes from 11:30 to 11:31 which may account for the change in Diagram number? The departure time in the public timetable remains unchanged at 11:30

Last edited:

barrykas

Established Member
Staff Live Departures shows two passing times for Dalmeny for that particular train today, namely 1239 and 1240. Certainly isn't showing a booked call.

The May - December WTT only shows a passing time for Dalmeny Junction of 12:39, with no time for the station, and the eNRT (Table 242) doesn't record a time for Dalmeny either.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sorry for delay in replying back. My boss looked into this and has stated that there was a chance that one of the big cruise liners was due in at Queensferry on the day in question. This can cause overcrowding (sorry a lack of seats) on the local trains from Dalmeny to/from Edinburgh.

Seemingly there has been discussion to input non advertised stops at Dalmeny on the semi - fast expresses to help cope with any over capacity issues at the station when the cruise liners are due.

Nothing has been finalised yet one way or t'other.

34D

Established Member
Sorry for delay in replying back. My boss looked into this and has stated that there was a chance that one of the big cruise liners was due in at Queensferry on the day in question. This can cause overcrowding (sorry a lack of seats) on the local trains from Dalmeny to/from Edinburgh.

Seemingly there has been discussion to input non advertised stops at Dalmeny on the semi - fast expresses to help cope with any over capacity issues at the station when the cruise liners are due.

Nothing has been finalised yet one way or t'other.

Seems like a good move here, by Scotrail.

Status
Not open for further replies.