• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Container wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this up cheap second-hand a bit ago and I was only just now wondering if I could actually use it. I've never seen one before - did it ever actually run in Britain, or was it American or European or something? (There's some German writing on the underframe) Is there any way I could use it? And where could I find some more?

Help much appreciated :)

EDIT: It's come out flipped for some reason <(

Attachments

• container.png
    container.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 46
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Looks similar to a Lima one I've seen. Some of the older stuff might have 'artistic licence', but that looks as if it could have been a ferry wagon.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Ferrywagons were (and still are) pretty common in the UK. The wagon does look a little unprototypical but as somebody said older models had plenty of 'artisitc license' Unless you are an 'EM' person it should be ok on you OO layout IMO

Ferrywagons were (and still are) pretty common in the UK. The wagon does look a little unprototypical but as somebody said older models had plenty of 'artisitc license' Unless you are an 'EM' person it should be ok on you OO layout IMO

ah right thanks :)

sprinterguy

Established Member
It reminds me of the two-axle flatbed wagons that are used to carry containerised coal from ports, although in this case obviously it's a closed container. The livery is appropriate for 1970s-1980s BR, so I'd say that it wouldn't look particularly out of place or unprototypical on a modern image layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.