• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coventry>Kingston

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMcFall

Hey all! I'm off to Kingston tomorrow. I've noticed I can get either an Off Peak return for £45.20, orrrr a 'Fare With Travelcard' for 44.70. Why is the travelcard one cheaper?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Looks like a bit of an anomaly. The travelcard price is usually based on the price to London and is a bit higher. Kingston is in zone 6 so you are going right the way out the other side. Go for the travelcard tomorrow.

RJ

Established Member
Hey all! I'm off to Kingston tomorrow. I've noticed I can get either an Off Peak return for £45.20, orrrr a 'Fare With Travelcard' for 44.70. Why is the travelcard one cheaper?

They are different products. The Off Peak Return allows return travel any day within a month. The Travelcard is only cost effective if returning on the same day.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yeah, I've just checked the bank account and will be going for a £19 LM return and a 1-6 TC instead haha.

Presume you're returning on the same day? Try looking up the Great Escape - limitless travel on London Midland tomorrow for £10, but you need to print off the voucher from their site.

Last edited:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
They have sold out of Great Escape tickets for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.