• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crawley to Haddenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewkeith5

Hi all,

I need to travel from Crawley (CRW) to Haddenham & Thame Parkway (HDM) this Saturday, fairly early morning (leaving any time after 8 really, but ideally around 9), with a stopover of ~2-2.5 hours in London.

I only need to go one way, and the Southern website has presented me with the cheapest option being an Off Peak Day Single at £26.50.

Given that a return is all of 10 pence more expensive, this seems pretty expensive to me.

Does anybody know if there are any cheaper options/tricks I can try out to try and save a bit of cash? I was expecting there to be a Super Off Peak option, for example?

Any help/advice appreciated :) even if it's just saying that's the cheapest it can be done!

Thanks,

Andrew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bicbasher

Established Member
I tried splitting it as a Super Off-Peak travelcard and a single from West Ruislip which totalled to £28.20, which means the single from Crawley is cheaper.

I also tried Boundary Zone 6 to HDM and couldn't find anything cheaper.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I'm really quite shocked that Chiltern don't have a single Off Peak Single fare...

Chiltern don't apply peak restrictions heading North from Marylebone, hence the general lack of Off-Peak Day tickets from London Terminals on the GC&GW Joint Line South of Banbury.

As an example:

To: Gerrards Cross (3051)

Anytime Day Single: £8.40
Anytime Day Return: £13.20
Off-Peak Return: £16.10 Validity Code: 4E

To: London Terminals (1072)

Anytime Day Single: £8.40
Off-Peak Day Return: £13.20 Validity Code: CH
Anytime Day Return: £16.80
Off-Peak Return: £16.10 Validity Code: CH

Validity Codes 4E and CH are essentially the inverse of each other, namely:

Valid by any train except those timed to arrive at London Terminals before 1005 Mondays to Fridays.

Valid by any train from London Marylebone.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Where in central London do you need to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.