• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country 2009 Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

This has been mentioned earlier in the forum by voyager fan (sorry cannot remember the actual name)

me123

Established Member
I'm glad to see two services to Glasgow daily. I hope at least one will be an HST due to the fact that services here are going slightly downhill with the changeover. It's also good news that the HSTs are going to be on the busy Route 1.

rail-britain

Established Member
I'm glad to see two services to Glasgow daily. I hope at least one will be an HST due to the fact that services here are going slightly downhill with the changeover. It's also good news that the HSTs are going to be on the busy Route 1.
Just two a day, that is awful compared to how many direct services there are from Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh at present
Both Aberdeen and Edinburgh services are pretty much unchanged
To get from Motherwell to Plymouth will now require two changes of train

djw1981

Established Member
However the Transport Scotland E&G report last week suggested that TS could introduce subsidy for a to-hourly EDB-GLC extension to XC trains, thus making the EDB-Carstairs=GLC service hourly (GNER one hour and XC the other)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
To get from Motherwell to Plymouth will now require two changes of train

That is compounded by VWC stopping less often at Motherwell also. Until this year you could do a BNS change for that journey, which was quicker. Changing at Birmingham and then again at Glasgow central will in fact be faster anyway.

Turbostar

Maybe it's me, but it seems to me they've contradicted themselves. One minute, they're saying trains will run from A>B, here to there, etc. etc., now looking at the timetable, yes, trains will run from A>B, here to there, etc. etc., WITH some services extended to here, some services extended to there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the services, just would have been a bit more helpful if they were a bit clearer in the first place what services would be running.

Mart

Guinness

Established Member
Nottingham getting a few Voyager services.

I'm losing an hourly Voyager service because of the stupid Bristol non-stop through Macclesfield.

rail-britain

Established Member
That is compounded by VWC stopping less often at Motherwell also. Until this year you could do a BNS change for that journey, which was quicker. Changing at Birmingham and then again at Glasgow central will in fact be faster anyway.
Worst of the lot is something like Stafford or Crewe to Motherwell
There are loads of direct trains at the moment, via Preston or Newcastle
From the next timetable this will be reduced to nil, and at least two changes of train at either Preston, Carlisle, or Glasgow

The Transport Scotland details, so far, are just proposals and are trying to get consistency of service between Edinburgh and Glasgow, via Carstairs
However, XC won't need to travel via Carstairs as the train makes no stops between the two cities!

djw1981

Established Member
However would be slowed down if running via Shotts due to the Shotts stopper and neither the Falkirk or Bathgate lines would take the voyager to the correct station (Central high Level). I;m sure if TS wanted and XC wanted to do teh service (like teh early / late Dunbars) they could work in a stop at motherwell / kirknewton.

Ascot

Established Member
Nope. That's the Citylink service being transferred from Central. These will be 170 operated.

There will be one running from Nottingham to somewhere down south looking at the publication. But apart from that yeah 170s running the line.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I'm quite annoyed that Weston-Super-Mare only gets the same quantity of Voyagers stopping there, and that they are once again not going towards the North West.

Is the shop going, or not?

I remember someone on this forum, a while ago, declare that Bombardier had blocked Arriva's plans to take it out.

The New XC website however, still states it as going.

David

Established Member
The simple answer is that until Arriva and/or Bombardier announce something about the shop, no one will know ....

thefab444

Established Member
Overall I'm disappointed that Bournemouth will only have Manchester services, with one a day to Newcastle and a Nottingham - Bournemouth (but no return) service. Seems Reading gets the Glasgow services. :?

Also, sad to see the XC network shrinking further with the loss of Gatwick/Brighton; I remember seeing a map of the VXC network in one of the Mk2s on the Weymouth additional - was nice to see places like Ramsgate, Portsmouth, Blackpool etc. on there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.