• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country Confirmation Code...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
I booked my tickets last night, asked for a set of them to be posted out, and the other set to collect at the station on the day we travel. However, XC still haven't emailed my confirmation code to me, and it should be given to me within 2 hours of ordering my tickets... Now, I need the ticket because I need to be able to reserve myself a seat with my friend, whos the ticket is.

And totally unrelated, but - why on earth has booking been closed already for reserving seats on the 30th August?? From Penzance to somewhere up North??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Maybe over a section of that journey all reservable seats are already reserved? You could, if you were terminally bored, test this theory by looking at availability between adjacent stations...

devon_metro

Established Member
I booked my tickets last night, asked for a set of them to be posted out, and the other set to collect at the station on the day we travel. However, XC still haven't emailed my confirmation code to me, and it should be given to me within 2 hours of ordering my tickets... Now, I need the ticket because I need to be able to reserve myself a seat with my friend, whos the ticket is.

And totally unrelated, but - why on earth has booking been closed already for reserving seats on the 30th August?? From Penzance to somewhere up North??

Because the north of england migrates to the south in summer perhaps...

1D53

Established Member

Bayum

Established Member
Where abouts in "My Account" - I looked on it earlier, and neither of the codes were on there...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What makes you think they've been closed?

Bookings do not "close" until 6pm on the night before. They sell out if demand is high. Last time I checked 30th August was not open yet.

BTW enjoy your bus if travelling on the 30th - or try going via Manchester. The Summer HSTs start from Derby.

Bayum

Established Member
I'm goin Via Manchester - and the only reason I'm saying that Booking has been closed, is because I went to the ticket office to book a reservation seat, and the guy said that booking had been closed for that service already... But if it hasnt... I might try again tomorrow... Cos I really need a ticket - cos, I've been able to book on my trains from New Street - Picaddilly, and Piccadilly - Leeds, just not Bodmin - New Street, the longest part of my journey!!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm goin Via Manchester - and the only reason I'm saying that Booking has been closed, is because I went to the ticket office to book a reservation seat, and the guy said that booking had been closed for that service already... But if it hasnt... I might try again tomorrow... Cos I really need a ticket - cos, I've been able to book on my trains from New Street - Picaddilly, and Piccadilly - Leeds, just not Bodmin - New Street, the longest part of my journey!!

Which train were you planning on catching? I seem to think there was one train (perhaps the 0940 from Newquay?) which hadn't yet opened for reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.