• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross Country HST Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehstman

Hi..

Dont know if anyone could help me, Do Cross Country Still use Paper Reservations on top of the seats on the HST sets anymore or are they the same as voyagers??

Many Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
I think that they are still paper reservations. The HST sets aren't equipped with reservation screens to the best of my knowledge.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The HST sets do have electronic reservation displays.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The HSTs do have electronic screens and I believe that they are used.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I think that they are still paper reservations. The HST sets aren't equipped with reservation screens to the best of my knowledge.

Wrong. They do have electronic reservations which came with the refurbishment I believe.
However when the electronic reservations are not working paper reservations are used.
Sam

route101

Established Member
Travelled last night from Edinburgh to Glasgow on XC HST and elecronic displays were in use , these must be recent as the last time i was on XC HST it was paper . Quite liked the layout of XC HSTs mostly airline facing forward seats and was a quiet ride . Buffet car would be nice if its a longer run.

Rapidash

Things may be merging in my memory, but I'm fairly certain they were in use when I started commuting to Exeter- which is 4 years ago now!:o

devon_metro

Established Member
They were installed during the refurbishment, although XC have apparently only recently managed to get them working!

Established Member
The set that was on the 12:25 Plymouth to Glasgow on Friday had paper GWR seat reservation labels, so are clearly used in the event of the screens not working. Having said that, most of the time they do work in my experience.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
They were installed during the refurbishment, although XC have apparently only recently managed to get them working!

That's my understanding. They've been in for aaaages but I've only noticed them actually being used for around the last twelve months or so.

CC 72100

Established Member
The set that was on the 12:25 Plymouth to Glasgow on Friday had paper GWR seat reservation labels, so are clearly used in the event of the screens not working. Having said that, most of the time they do work in my experience.

That set wasn't in great nick on Friday - numerous locked out toilets, no PIS screens etc.

(All minor things but I'm guessing the reservation system is linked to the PIS which all runs off the (defective) Train Management System)

Status
Not open for further replies.