• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cross country senior conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scally

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of info on the senior conductor role, working for Cross country at Birmingham new street.
Can anyone give me an example of a monthly rosta and also a typical day for a senior conductor. Do you get stop-overs occasionally?

Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone out there work for Cross Country trains, especially as a senior conductor/train manager??

Am in need of some info..

:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We do have a Cross Country guard on here (who I believe is based at Birmingham), but I don't think they're on very much at the moment.

I was a crosscountry senior conductor at Leicester, but it was about 3 years ago. The roster was a 4 day week which saw every 3rd weekend off. We had very few Sundays at Leicester and we only signed 170's with the occasional 153/156.

There were no layovers in the sense of being overnight, all duties started and finished at Leicester. Don't really know what birmingham are up to Im afriad. I'm pretty sure that they only sign 170's and go down to cardiff and down to Stansted Airport. They also used to do Nottingham via Derby. i'm almost sure they they dont sign 220/221, until they reach a higher link.

Sorry for the vagueness, its been a while since I did the role!

scally

Don't be sorry fella, any info I get is greatly appreciated.
I've been searching on internet for a typical day for a senior conductor but not much on there!
When u say 4 day week, does that mean 3 rest days following? And would you say XC are a good company to work for?

Many thanks.

You had most Sundays off and had two other rest days a wekk that were next to each other. MON TUE 1st week then WED THUR next week and so on...

I thought XC were good to work for but Leicester was a small depot with no managers or any other staff. It had a close nit feel to it and I enjoyed. most the people I started with are still there so that must say something...

Bellwater

New Street XC Senior Conductors sign 170s only and go New Street to Stansted Airport, Cardiff and Nottingham Via Derby. They also work the New Street-Leicester shuttles.

You won't work 220/221 and other routes unless you become a Train Manager.

It's a good depot with a mix of old and new staff these days(in Central Trains days only Senior Guards worked Stansted/Cardiff).

Status
Not open for further replies.