• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Drivers - Multiple Depots (12/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EX-Counsel

From my recollection of doing the RAAT, it was quite straight forward. Read the information and pick out the corresponding answer. All of the necessary information is given to you. I think the main thing is answering as many questions as you can as accurately as possible.

WaterCup123

No email, but application says 'in process' on the deutsche bahn website. Has 'Leicester' still under location - not the location I was going for

WaterCup123

Exactly the same here . Did you specify on your application where you were applying for ?
I don't think I did. Although, if there had been the option to, I would have. I remember there was a section that said something along the lines of 'questions specific to the train driver role', but the application skipped over it which I thought was odd

Traindriver40

i did not receive the first email or specify my location. i have received the email today however. good luck all i applied for the Bristol depot i assume the postcode would give that away.

bcfc171081

i did not receive the first email or specify my location. i have received the email today however. good luck all i applied for the Bristol depot i assume the postcode would give that away.

Same and Bristol too. I just mentioned Bristol in my cover letter.

porksandwhich

I applied for depot in Banbury back in November which has just changed to assessment on the portal. Nothing in relation to the trainee driver in Leicester.

ratbag

I applied for Cambridge, and have not received any conformation email, or been invited to take the on-line assessment. The portal still says "Application in process" so it's a waiting game for me. It will either be good news, or a Dear John letter of rejection.

cazza0811

Sorry if this has already been covered! I applied for this and found out today that i've got through the first sift. Its now online OPC tests...does anyone know what they entail? Im currently a guard with another TOC and have done RAAT etc but Im not sure if itd be the same kind of thing (Previous ones for current job were with OPC too).

L33mcc

I applied for Cambridge, and have not received any conformation email, or been invited to take the on-line assessment. The portal still says "Application in process" so it's a waiting game for me. It will either be good news, or a Dear John letter of rejection.
I rolled for Cambridge too , got my email thorough about 7:00 PM. Might be worth checking again

Ashley872

I’ve not had anything yet either, my portal has assessment against it, but that’s it.
That's interesting. I've had the email stating that I have been invited to take the online assessment, but my portal still says that my application is in process. So strange! Good luck

bcfc171081

Email states we will receive within the week. So give them a chance!! But yes I’ve been refreshing my email all day hahaha

dereksingh291

On Moderation
I've applied for derby but haven't heard anything yet so I'm wondering when I and others have applied for derby will hear back?

EX-Counsel

I've applied for derby but haven't heard anything yet so I'm wondering when I and others have applied for derby will hear back?
I've also heard nothing back just yet. It's frustrating but we just have to wait. I don't think the depot really matters at the moment and they are just going through the motions of the sifting process. I'm also aware that some people just don't hear anything back so we could also fall into that category as well. Only time will tell, I'm afraid!

dereksingh291

On Moderation
how come some people heard back and been invited to the online assessment but some haven't heard back and I wonder how many people have applied for these positions during the time the job advertisement was open for two weeks?

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
how come some people heard back and been invited to the online assessment but some haven't heard back and I wonder how many people have applied for these positions during the time the job advertisement was open for two weeks?
It's quite common for TOCs to do these stages in batches due to the large volumes, especially given there are several depots for this recruitment drive.

Patience is very much required when applying for a job on the railway!

LeeMck9

it doesn’t seem like there has been any logic to it though? Although I’m sure they have used some process. As far I can see, there has been no identification of depot at this stage? So what criteria have they used to send the online tests out to some? What if all those people were applying for the same depot? Has it just been first come first served? Has it been decided after an initial scan of CV’s? Be interesting to understand the process?

bcfc171081

it doesn’t seem like there has been any logic to it though? Although I’m sure they have used some process. As far I can see, there has been no identification of depot at this stage? So what criteria have they used to send the online tests out to some? What if all those people were applying for the same depot? Has it just been first come first served? Has it been decided after an initial scan of CV’s? Be interesting to understand the process?

Most people put what depot in cover letter. Failing that I’d imagine they go by address on CV

NorthernTech

It seems inconsistent, some get update emails, some don’t. I have two appl in, one from a year ago, both show App In Progress on portal yet I’ve never had any communication whatsoever, not even to say application received, nothing. Assume from this I’ll continue to hear nothing and without any communication I don’t have anyone to follow it up with as they don’t provide a contact. So I’m just going with, if I hear something then great, but I suspect I won’t. Not being negative, just realistic based on my experiences so far versus those with other companies.

Last edited:

Newapplicant

Regarding my application I never attached a cover letter however I can see that a number of yourselves did. Is it worth me drafting one up now and adding it or is there no point?

Status
Not open for further replies.