• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shunter Bones

Was that at the interview? If June is the earliest that ain’t too bad.
Yes, that was at interview. Feb was the earliest and I'm guessing only filled with people with a shortish notice period, however, I have to give 12 weeks notice to my employer, so no good for me. June would be good for me!!

Is anyone able to advise on what OPC tests XC use? I know it’s national standard and I’ve tried having a look on the forums but can’t find anything.

PaulRay

Has anyone else on here had a result from B’ham interviews. Any news on a date for the next stage yet?

TIA

PaulRay

I am one of the last interviews for B’ham. They advised they had to wait for everyone to be interviewed before going out to all successful / unsuccessful candidates. I imagine everyone will be receiving news for Birmingham interviews this week or next. Good luck all!
When were you interviewed then mate?

manchester85

I had an interview 2 weeks ago for Leeds and was told I would hear within a week as that was the last day of interviews. Heard nothing since.

TacoTraveller

I had an interview 2 weeks ago for Leeds and was told I would hear within a week as that was the last day of interviews. Heard nothing since.
Give it time.

I'm a Birmingham applicant and I'm on week 5 or 6 now since my DMI.

From what I've heard, you'll receive a positive or a negative response either way

Shunter Bones

My interview was 2 months ago today, I was told 2-3 weeks for the result, still nothing!! I'm guessingvthe delay is with HR. When I logged into DB's recruitment page, historic applications have been removed but my XC one is still showing as assessment, so hopefully I'm still in the running.

Spincity

Is anyone able to advise on what OPC tests XC use? I know it’s national standard and I’ve tried having a look on the forums but can’t find anything.
If it’s the national standard I’m guessing the national tests….only if it uses an enhanced standard is there any potential additional tests

TacoTraveller

I’m derby and had the phone call today for an interview
Ahh they must be a different points with people.

I'm just going off myself and sktt25, seems we both passed DMI and now onto assessments. But others such as yourself must be coming up to DMI.

Tbf, the guy sounded rushed off his feet and did apologise for taking so long and said it's been none stop for them

sktt25

Yeah bud I have asked for clarification too as I have all of the stage 1 tests passed at enhanced and one at national level, which is what I believe XC use anyway. Would stink going all the way down from Edinburgh to be told I don't need to sit any tests

TacoTraveller

Yeah bud I have asked for clarification too as I have all of the stage 1 tests passed at enhanced and one at national level, which is what I believe XC use anyway. Would stink going all the way down from Edinburgh to be told I don't need to sit any tests
Yeah I asked that on the phone yesterday, going all the way to Watford and then saying "oh you've passed all stage 1 tests" and driving all the way back, although I'd do it seems like a waste of time