• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TacoTraveller

Oh well!! Cheers for the update, I'll stop holding out hope now! Best of luck with your application
You could always try contacting them, but a few people at my work had their DMI and assessments before and over Christmas and I know 1 starts on Monday and a few others are leaving too all applied for Manchester

Manda2194

Oh well!! Cheers for the update, I'll stop holding out hope now! Best of luck with your application
Same for me. I never got the rejection email but I’ll put it to the back of my mind for now. I thought the Manchester depot had been very quiet on here. It’s difficult to work out how much hope you have when you have no idea of numbers they are recruiting for etc

TacoTraveller

Same for me. I never got the rejection email but I’ll put it to the back of my mind for now. I thought the Manchester depot had been very quiet on here. It’s difficult to work out how much hope you have when you have no idea of numbers they are recruiting for etc
Tbf, unless you've had an actual interview or OPC assessment, XC are well known for just not replying to say you've not passed.

The first correspondence I got off them was for my DMI before that were all automated emails

Also I don't know if Manchester is fully completed, I only know about Manchester from the people I work with.

Manda2194

Tbf, unless you've had an actual interview or OPC assessment, XC are well known for just not replying to say you've not passed.

The first correspondence I got off them was for my DMI before that were all automated emails

Also I don't know if Manchester is fully completed, I only know about Manchester from the people I work with.
Yes I have noticed this. Reading previous threads it I can’t see anyone saying they got a start date at Manchester! Oh well it is what it is

soswales

Withdrawn my application as after much thought, I don't think I'd be able to manage on the training wage, especially with shortage of DI's at Bristol which could prolong the process. Hopefully will be in a better position in the future or another company may pay more / wage goes up quicker during training (my next step to research). I wish you all good luck with the process!!

JustG

Got my OPC assessment in a couple of weeks in Watford. 8:45am sharp. Debating whether to get the train down from Leeds in the morning or stay over in the Travelodge nearby..

baz962

Established Member
Got my OPC assessment in a couple of weeks in Watford. 8:45am sharp. Debating whether to get the train down from Leeds in the morning or stay over in the Travelodge nearby..
I would stay over. What if the train is delayed.

Wilddog101

Hi Guys, I know I’ve asked this before but it was about a month ago now, I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything in regards to the Bournemouth depot? My application still says in process but I have not heard anything since doing the first tests, just wondering if they still haven’t gotten to the Bournemouth depot yet…

TacoTraveller

On the 11th by any chance?

I'm staying in the Travelodge (if I have to go down)

Hi Guys, I know I’ve asked this before but it was about a month ago now, I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything in regards to the Bournemouth depot? My application still says in process but I have not heard anything since doing the first tests, just wondering if they still haven’t gotten to the Bournemouth depot yet…
They're working through depots by the looks of it, I've not heard anything from any other Bournemouth applicants so I'd say that depot hasn't been looked at yet

PaulRay

Well done! I’ve got mine next week, thinking the best bet is to go down the day before - less stress that day etc. Good luck with yours!

TacoTraveller

Have you already passed the assessments? Surely they will not send you down again?
I have apart from MMI, Ive done a CBI not MMI.

Not heard anything from recruitment so until I do my plan is to be there at 8:45

What is stage 1 of the opc assessment and what’s stage 2 ?
Stage one is paper tests,
Stage two is computer tests + MMI

Some companies do it all in one day, some do it split.

Reetzaboi

I have apart from MMI, Ive done a CBI not MMI.

Not heard anything from recruitment so until I do my plan is to be there at 8:45

Stage one is paper tests,
Stage two is computer tests + MMI

Some companies do it all in one day, some do it split.
So Xc told me part 1 and then part 2 in April if I pass part 1 so it’s just paper tests ?