• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry - Apprentice Train Drivers (08/12/22)

JimClark

Yes mate, I’ve been told I was successful at DMI and have a start date for Plymouth depot 27 Feb, subject to my medical

Course is in Derby

I’m absolutely stunned and ecstatic I got it

Continued good luck to all others in the process and hope you get the news you’re after
Congratulations that's great news and encouraging, hopefully for us they are processing depot by depot. I'm assuming you had already passed the assesments previously? Or have you had to take them recently?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bcfc171081

Yes mate, I’ve been told I was successful at DMI and have a start date for Plymouth depot 27 Feb, subject to my medical

Course is in Derby

Continued good luck to all others in the process and hope you get the news you’re after

So you didn’t have to do anymore tests? Or have you passed them previously?

PHB2203

Which depot have you applied for?
Bournemouth mate.

Course is in Derby

Congratulations mate thats great news well done. I bet you are over the moon. How long after your DMI did you get a reply about that stage? I have a feeling I may have missed out this time.

zekebloke

Bournemouth mate.

Congratulations mate thats great news well done. I bet you are over the moon. How long after your DMI did you get a reply about that stage? I have a feeling I may have missed out this time.
That's not good news for me, I applied to Bournemouth too and haven't heard anything at all since the RAAT! Still says application in process so maybe there's hope.

DJP78

On Moderation
Bournemouth mate.

Yeah thanks. Super chuffed and very excited

Found out within 48hrs passed DMI but then waited the week out whilst others sat their psychometrics to find out if I’d scored high enough to be given formal offer

So you didn’t have to do anymore tests? Or have you passed them previously?
Had already passed my psychometrics

PHB2203

Found out within 48hrs passed DMI but then waited the week out whilst others sat their psychometrics to find out if I’d scored high enough to be given formal offer

Well that great news for you mate really happy for you. I’m taking it as I haven’t heard anything then I’m out. Oh well always next time. Keep us all posted on how you get on with the training will be interesting to find.

JH-OB

Course is in Derby

Congratulations on getting the job.

SuperS16v

Yeah thanks. Super chuffed and very excited

Congratulations, really good news!

The one week I wasn’t searching every day for openings and XC had positions going! Absolutely gutted to have missed out!

Has there been any talks when the next recruitment drive will be? They seem to be working every Year.

Good luck to all those still going through the process!

DJP78

On Moderation
Just to reiterate, got medical to do yet so not 100% done deal, but 95% :o

Thanks all. I’ll keep the thread posted with updates as to how the training goes etc

Really hope there’s progress on here for others too. See some have made it to DMI which is excellent news!

Frothy_B

Just to reiterate, got medical to do yet so not 100% done deal, but 95% :o

Thanks all. I’ll keep the thread posted with updates as to how the training goes etc

Really hope there’s progress on here for others too. See some have made it to DMI which is excellent news!
Congratulations! Nice area of the country to be driving in, and you may even get a go on the HSTs.

Best of luck going forwards, look forward to seeing how you find the training.

Loco roco

Course is in Derby

Congrats on getting the job :) let us know how it goes..

I wonder if that’s it for Plymouth now or if they plan on further recruitment there.

Beastbmw

Is there anyone that would be able to share some insight into the shift pattern, start and finish times or post a sample roster for the Leicester depot? Thanks.

Frothy_B

Is there anyone that would be able to share some insight into the shift pattern, start and finish times or post a sample roster for the Leicester depot? Thanks.
I can't give you an exact, but in my own research the earliest shifts seem to start around 04:00-04:30 depending on if they have train care crews or if the drivers/guards do all the train prep on overnight shifts. The first trains off L.I.P go up to Nottingham to form the first couple of Nottingham - Cardiff services which I believe Leicester drivers will take as far as New Street.

The last trains back onto L.I.P are at 01:30 which come back from Nottingham, so you could probably assume latest finish is 01:45-02:00.

If someone more knowledgeable of the actual shift patterns could share what they know that would be great, as I'm interested myself.

Beastbmw

Thanks for that Frothy_B, that’s a great help. Thanks for the info, really appreciated

I can't give you an exact, but in my own research the earliest shifts seem to start around 04:00-04:30 depending on if they have train care crews or if the drivers/guards do all the train prep on overnight shifts. The first trains off L.I.P go up to Nottingham to form the first couple of Nottingham - Cardiff services which I believe Leicester drivers will take as far as New Street.

The last trains back onto L.I.P are at 01:30 which come back from Nottingham, so you could probably assume latest finish is 01:45-02:00.

If someone more knowledgeable of the actual shift patterns could share what they know that would be great, as I'm interested myself.

X-City-WM

Still “Application in Progress” here. Nothing since completing the RAAT at the end of December.
(Birmingham Depot)

bcfc171081

So a question? So if we passed the raat but for what ever reason didn’t make the cut for interview will that raat result stand next time they advertise or will we have to do it again?

EmmD

So a question? So if we passed the raat but for what ever reason didn’t make the cut for interview will that raat result stand next time they advertise or will we have to do it again?
I believe it’s valid for 6 months

SJR

Yea I’ve applied for Birmingham and heard nothing so far but I’ve also applied for Birmingham moor street but no raat has been requested as of yet

JH-OB

I wouldn’t assume it’s a no just because you haven’t heard anything. XC seem to be pretty good at communicating when it is definitely a no, so if the portal says ‘Application in Progress’, then the application is in progress. DMs are busy, and they might not be a rush get a someone assigned to the training slot which might not be until the end of the year.

Wyrleybart

Established Member
I wouldn’t assume it’s a no just because you haven’t heard anything. XC seem to be pretty good at communicating when it is definitely a no, so if the portal says ‘Application in Progress’, then the application is in progress. DMs are busy, and they might not be a rush get a someone assigned to the training slot which might not be until the end of the year.
Yes. DMs are very very busy trying to get as many drivers up to speed as possible. Big new timetable upgrade in May and lots more drivers needed to run it - obviously not by 2023 intake though. .