• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I read something earlier today (I think it is just a rumour but I am not sure) which said that after Sunday 28th November, the XC HSTs are going to be stood down because of a drivers union overtime agreement expiring or something along those lines so I am assuming if this does happen then voyagers will have to take over the HST's diagrams until whenever...???
There’s a thread about this possibilty here:

So your news about an agreement expiring might be relevant over there as well?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam L

With the 43s coming off from Monday and Sunday seem to be normal during the disruption, has anyone got the Sunday 43 diagrams.

Many thanks

Apedlar12

With the 43s coming off from Monday and Sunday seem to be normal during the disruption, has anyone got the Sunday 43 diagrams.

Many thanks

I believe it is supposed to be the normal Sunday diagrams (provided below) but I could be wrong...

1S51 12:27 Plymouth to Edinburgh

1V48 08:11 Leeds to Plymouth
1S55 14:27 Plymouth to Edinburgh

1V56 09:08 Edinburgh to Plymouth
1E75 18:27 Plymouth to Leeds

Established Member
HST's out today:
43239 + 43285 (XC04)
1V44 0611 Leeds - Plymouth (Cancelled at Wakefield Westgate and returned to Neville Hill)

43207 + 43378 (XC05)
1V50 0911 Leeds - Plymouth

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Only set out today has been 43357 + XC02 + 43301 on 1E75.
Just out of curiosity, why would they send an HST out on probably one of the quietest services when it was desperately needed on one of the Scotland bound trains this afternoon!

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, why would they send an HST out on probably one of the quietest services when it was desperately needed on one of the Scotland bound trains this afternoon!
It is normally booked a HST anyway which ends up at Neville Hill for Monday morning and the ECML still being shut would of meant the Scotland services would be terminating at Newcastle and possibly heading back south on another service. I did think it was for balancing but I believe there is two sets in Leeds at the moment with the other 3 at Laira.

Apedlar12

Two sets were in use again today (Sun 12/12/21):

43357 + XC02 + 43301
1V48 08:11 LDS PLY
1S55 14:27 PLY EDB

43239 + XC04 + 43285
1V56 09:08 EDB PLY
1E75 18:27 PLY LDS

Last edited:

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi - a friend just asked me for some advice on trains Derby to Edinburgh for a trip in March. My advice is to use the XC HST. However, another recent thread suggests that at the moment the HSTs are not being used that much - but of course this may change by March. I suspect she will want to book in Advance to make a saving so may have to book well before it is clear if the service is an HST or not - so my advice will be to book in advance on a train time that may at least have a good chance of being an HST should they run

So my question is are the HST diagrams in theory still these? (date on it is Dec 2020)

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
If we're back to the Covid timetable by then as last year then yes. Except there's a small error in the diagrams...
1V56 is 09:08 Edinburgh - Plymouth 17:45
1E75 is 18:27 Plymouth - Leeds 00:10

Of course the diagrams are subject to an HST being available and no engineering works.

WesternLancer

Established Member
If we're back to the Covid timetable by then as last year then yes. Except there's a small error in the diagrams...
1V56 is 09:08 Edinburgh - Plymouth 17:45
1E75 is 18:27 Plymouth - Leeds 00:10

Of course the diagrams are subject to an HST being available and no engineering works.
many thanks

43 302

Established Member
1M49 & 1V61 are booked HST from today to retain crew knowledge. Both via Camp Hill and M49 is via Weston but does not call.
Hi - a friend just asked me for some advice on trains Derby to Edinburgh for a trip in March. My advice is to use the XC HST. However, another recent thread suggests that at the moment the HSTs are not being used that much - but of course this may change by March. I suspect she will want to book in Advance to make a saving so may have to book well before it is clear if the service is an HST or not - so my advice will be to book in advance on a train time that may at least have a good chance of being an HST should they run

So my question is are the HST diagrams in theory still these? (date on it is Dec 2020)

Tell me the date and I'll give you the diagrams. There's a lot of alterations!

WesternLancer

Established Member
1M49 & 1V61 are booked HST from today to retain crew knowledge. Both via Camp Hill and M49 is via Weston but does not call.

Tell me the date and I'll give you the diagrams. There's a lot of alterations!
Many thanks - it's northbound on Sat 26 March - southbound on Thurs 31st March - northern leg Derby through to Edinburgh and return.

Notable aside that fares wise XC do not seem to be listing (or have not released) any discounted Advance tickets, but LNER and Avanti obviously have.

43 302

Established Member
Many thanks - it's northbound on Sat 26 March - southbound on Thurs 31st March - northern leg Derby through to Edinburgh and return.

Notable aside that fares wise XC do not seem to be listing (or have not released) any discounted Advance tickets, but LNER and Avanti obviously have.
26th would be the 1028 Worcestershire Parkway to Newcastle or the 1328 Worcestershire Parkway to Glasgow. I'd do that one as it returns to Edinburgh at 2105 via Shotts! All subject to change etc.

fireftrm

Does anyone know the diagrams, if any, next Friday, 21st? I'm travelling from Exeter to York and can catch any train so an HST would be great!

Does anyone know the diagrams, if any, next Friday, 21st? I'm travelling to York from Exeter and can catch any train so an HST would be great!

Normally you'd have 4 trains I think but it's still Sundays only for the time being when any are likely to Leeds and Edinburgh which would help you reach York.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know the diagrams, if any, next Friday, 21st? I'm travelling to York from Exeter and can catch any train so an HST would be great!
You should expect to end up on a Voyager; you may be lucky but today it was all Voyagers.

Laketop

Hi all, with the thread becoming a behemoth, is there a TL;DR on the HSTs being used by XC in the past few months/a timeline, the past few posts point to them being withdrawn?

Established Member
Hi all, with the thread becoming a behemoth, is there a TL;DR on the HSTs being used by XC in the past few months/a timeline, the past few posts point to them being withdrawn.
They have not been withdrawn just not being used as much. Think it is due to a rest day working agreement not being resigned. At the moment it is only really Sundays when the HSTs are out. Although it looks like one is out today on the 1153 Plymouth to Birmingham and 1642 return.

43 302

Established Member
Hi all, with the thread becoming a behemoth, is there a TL;DR on the HSTs being used by XC in the past few months/a timeline, the past few posts point to them being withdrawn?
Check the latest 125G magazine issue 137. They have been operating on Sundays and occasionally on other days if needed. To update from that M49/V61 were HST traction the week commencing 10/1, back to Voyager 17/1 due to V60 & V61 needing to couple at BRI and now back to HST this week M-F.

Status
Not open for further replies.