• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry traincrew member faces deportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadgit

Immigration law in general is incredibly punitive to anyone who does want to come here to make a better life for themselves while contributing to the country through taxation and economic activity (and really, that is most migrants). This chap is just one of many.

A letter to Theresa May about this gent is a great idea, however really the issue is our ridiculous immigration laws which are just intended to keep moronic Mail readers on-side.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Immigration law in general is incredibly punitive to anyone who does want to come here to make a better life for themselves while contributing to the country through taxation and economic activity (and really, that is most migrants). This chap is just one of many.

A letter to Theresa May about this gent is a great idea, however really the issue is our ridiculous immigration laws which are just intended to keep moronic Mail readers on-side.

That I mostly agree, although the reasons are multi-fold, but I feel the letter should firstly be presenting a sound understanding of relevant legislation, and secondly focus on the unfairness of the system and not this specific case, only using it as an example to illustrate the point.

They have not always been punitive though. Under New Labour, I think we enjoyed one of the most relaxed regime for a good few decades, but the onset of the economic downturn and the mass hysteria generated by popular press (partly, amongst a number of other factors) put an end to that.

Minilad

Established Member
In the mess room this evening I overheard a conversation between two crew members from the same depot as Frank. They were saying that he has been released from whatever detention he had been in after the intervention of "an MP"
I couldn't really get the full gist of what had gone on but they seemed hopefull.

Crossover

Established Member
In the mess room this evening I overheard a conversation between two crew members from the same depot as Frank. They were saying that he has been released from whatever detention he had been in after the intervention of "an MP"
I couldn't really get the full gist of what had gone on but they seemed hopefull.

I have read something to similar effect on Facebook this evening too - uncited of course (before someone points that out)

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Verified by frank himself. He has been released from detention and is back at home awaiting events. He sends his appreciation for the support he has received from all over the country.

His case is still awaiting processing. Knowing this country theres no telling how long that could take!

Reading East MP Rob Wilson has been frantically contacted on twitter about this, seems as tho he has made some progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.