• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossing Divides On The Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think you have to consider the wider picture. Someone wanting to be in a quiet space for a three or four hour journey isn't necessarily representative of the rest of their week or their general demeanour.
Very true.

For example, I may be travelling after doing a job that involves interacting with a 3-figure number of people, and on my way to a social event such as a forum meal, I may want to just be quiet on the train, listen to music, catch up with some other work or just relax. If I'm travelling to London I'll often book an individual seat for this reason.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Another consideration is that if a train company makes it a policy thing that a particular coach is for those who don’t mind being chatty, isn’t there a danger that this could attract some of the sort of people who you wouldn’t really want to engage with?

Nine coach Pendolinos with no alternative unreserved seating could become somewhere you would actively avoid. Perhaps this is a ploy by VT to get more people to make reservations, to help them identify which services they can reduce!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
As it happens, I believe I should offer you an apology for the "strength" of my reaction to your comments. As someone who has experienced significant hostility in my life due to my personality, I was, as the kids say, "triggered" by your comments and was unnecessarily aggressive in my response. For that I am sorry.

not necessary but accepted with thanks. I should also say i am not trying to cause an argument and am happy to apologise if any offence has been caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.