• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crossrail Model Train Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djw1981

Established Member
Crossrail train?

But given that we have no idea what rolling stock will run through Crossrail, how can there be a model of it?

rob s

there is a mock up at the LTM Depot of the crossrail train. Mind you, it has been there an awfully long time!

rob s

It's a full size mock up

450px-Ltmd-overview2.jpg

it's the best I could find, I'm afraid.

for those interested (from foreground) - cross rail train, Q38 stock, 1938 stock and the 1986 'green train',

raildog

It's a full size mock up

for those interested (from foreground) - cross rail train, Q38 stock, 1938 stock and the 1986 'green train',

1986 "green train"? Is this is in anyway related to the "green trains" planned for UK by the great 3..

Mock ups are usually for existing stock if am right.. we dont know what stock for crossrail then what model..agree with DJW here.

RD

T

Tom

The 1986 'green train' was nothing to do with environmentally friendly rubbish ... :lol:

It's simply one of the three builds made by train manufacturers for the proposed Central Line replacement stock (now 92ts)

Gizmogle

Established Member
Does ths mean it's definately going ahead? From what I've heard about crossrail, it may actually extend people's journeys? What's that about?

And thomasgholmes, telling people to google things isn't helpful. Nor the point of a forum :???:

Mintona

Established Member
I don't see how it can extend someone's journey time from, say, Reading to Ipswich. Maybe on some of the internal sections (ie. Paddington-Liverpool Street) it will take longer, but I doubt it.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
The plan is that Crossrail will take over the stopping services from Reading to Paddington using their electric trains. Now since EMUs are far faster accelerating than the 165/166s the journey times will be reduced.

Here's a comparison which Kestrel told me.

Out of Ealing broadway, a turbo is usually up to 50mph by Hanwell
A 360 however is up to and coasting at 80mph.
So you can see the basic time improvements just by looking at that extra 30mph that a 360 gives over a turbo.

Oh and:
Crossrail Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.