• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
Hint 1: Operated by Northern which provides all of the station's passenger services.

Hint 2: Ignore the "Beeching" bit, that's just filler - (Beeching's report meant,) for example, the end of many stations like Seaton.

duncanp

Established Member
Act! Avoid arduous Brexit by revoking Article 50 or renegotiating the withdrawal agreement.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I know I've just had a go but I need to get this one out of my system and I think it's quite easy:

In readiness for sin 'ard one is needed.

duncanp

Established Member
Salfords (between Redhill and Gatwick Airport)

as opposed to Salford Crescent and Salford Central in Greater Manchester

duncanp

Established Member
If you get off here, you might think you are in New York, or even Dagenham, but not, apparently.

duncanp

Established Member
No, not Chandlers Ford.

Think of somewhere in New York where many tourists and locals go, and then think of places where you might go in Dagenham, or Redcar, or Dartford, or Darlington, for that matter.

duncanp

Established Member
No.

Another clue is that the station is not a National Rail station, but is on one the UK's tram networks.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Central Park (Metrolink)

Upon consulting with the almighty Google, it suggests that there are Central Parks in Dagenham, Dartford, Darlington and Redcar. The New York Central Park is a little less known... ;)

duncanp

Established Member
Central Park is correct.

As there are two answers, I'll leave it up to you to decide who sets the next clue.

duncanp

Established Member
I will guess Bare Lane on the line to Morecambe, as Pudsey is a Bear, which sounds like Bare

duncanp

Established Member
What about Bearley, on the line between Solihull, Leamington Spa and Stratford Upon Avon?