• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

duncanp

Established Member
Yes Leighton Buzzard is correct.

Didn't think that one would last long, but it was all I could think of on the spur of the moment.

Your turn.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Crosskeys? (St. Peter and / or the Pope -- Keeper of the Keys of the Kingdom -- they're celebrities of a sort :smile:)

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
I'm genuinely terrible at these but will have a go and you can abuse me later!!

Quickly harvest the maize towards the sunrise

Calthrop

Established Member
Thanks. My Christian name happens to be that one -- which helped a bit.

At one-time rail crossroads, Ho's brother, B.H.H. Minh, & budgerigar, get in a muddle.

Calthrop

Established Member
Hint -- the "question station" and one-time rail crossroads: in the Grouping era there featured there, in one way or another, three out of the "Big Four" companies.

Calthrop

Established Member
Hint -- I hope helpful, rather than the reverse :s... the "answer station" has a "double-barrelled" name (" ******* & ******* " type). There are / have been on the British rail system, within some 200 miles of the answer station, three other stations with names all or part of which, comprise the same one out of the two words in the answer station's name. Two of these three are open for passenger traffic today; the third was on a long-closed branch line.

duncanp

Established Member
OK, something topical here:-

Outdo a rabid exact virus before it mutates.

Calthrop

Established Member
Hint: this station name is one word -- split into component parts, kind-of, for the purposes of the clue.