• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Caboose Class

Totally stumped - Not got a clue!

Beware = mind or caution?
Artist's = RAs ? Dali? Goya?
Tattoos = tats?

As for London station closures / re-openings, sorry but that sort of news doesn't reach us up here in the frozen North.

Hope someone else manages to crack your fiendish clue!

duncanp

Established Member
Totally stumped - Not got a clue!

Beware = mind or caution?
Artist's = RAs ? Dali? Goya?
Tattoos = tats?

As for London station closures / re-openings, sorry but that sort of news doesn't reach us up here in the frozen North.

Hope someone else manages to crack your fiendish clue!

Some more information.

The clue is an anagram.

The station was opened a few weeks ago, not reopened.

duncanp

Established Member
The answer is Battersea Power Station, which is an anagram of Beware Painter's Tattoos.

Open floor.

mr_moo

I'm still out here! Couldn't think of anything good to play myself so thanks for stepping up.

I'm probably wildly off the mark here but: Kensal Green?
(Brunel's bones in the nearby cemetary turning given the current state of the railway or something?)

Caboose Class

I'm still out here! Couldn't think of anything good to play myself so thanks for stepping up.

I'm probably wildly off the mark here but: Kensal Green?
(Brunel's bones in the nearby cemetary turning given the current state of the railway or something?)
No sorry, not Kensal Green.

duncanp

Established Member
Since it is open floor, I will jump in with

No use asking linesmen for directions to here, as they would get all muddled up.

Caboose Class

Since it is open floor, I will jump in with

No use asking linesmen for directions to here, as they would get all muddled up.
Following on from your Battersea Power Station clue the other day, I think this is another "new" station - Nine Elms.

Loppylugs

Ok, a wild effort here. Switch semi's last two letters round giving im, add blew and don gives Wimbledon. Not fathoming the last train bit unless caster is the missing rear of the train. (Did say it was a wild effort!!).

Caboose Class

Ok, a wild effort here. Switch semi's last two letters round giving im, add blew and don gives Wimbledon. Not fathoming the last train bit unless caster is the missing rear of the train. (Did say it was a wild effort!!).
Impressed with your "train" of thought so to speak - but the answer to the clue is not quite as convoluted as you might think.