• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RobertsN

Seven Kings? As in the seventh letter and the E might represent Edwards and Edward VII in particular (though there were actually 8 of them - so far)...

Second thinking this, and probably, nah... too farfetched :lol:

Edit: Kings has 5 letters (just realised that).

RobertsN

Another twist of weird thinking, could make it:

Flowery Field (F being 6 and FF being 6 and 6), but also 7 and 5 letters in the two words.

P.S. Just wondering along mathematical lines here....

Caboose Class

Another twist of weird thinking, could make it:

Flowery Field (F being 6 and FF being 6 and 6), but also 7 and 5 letters in the two words.

P.S. Just wondering along mathematical lines here....
Two valiant efforts, indeed, but both wrong I'm afraid. See below.

Caboose Class

Final clue:- ge (6,6) If no one cracks it during the course of today, answer will be revealed at ca. 7pm when I get back home from a day out.

Last edited:

Caboose Class

The answer to ge (6,6) is Regent Centre, a station on the Tyne and Wear Metro. As no one managed to solve that particular clue, let's try another (easier) one:-
This station employs a porteress oddly enough

Calthrop

Established Member
Suggesting something, no matter how silly, in the interests of creating some action: Knockholt?

Calthrop

Established Member
Kilmarnock? -- something in a cartoon-film sequence depicting matricide (we all know that characters killed in cartoons aren't actually dead, and there's no harm really done).

DaleCooper

Established Member
Kilmarnock? -- something in a cartoon-film sequence depicting matricide (we all know that characters killed in cartoons aren't actually dead, and there's no harm really done).
The clue mentioned neither cartoons nor matricide (is that a mattress disinfectant?) however your answer is again half right.

Calthrop

Established Member
In the 18th-century Jacobite rebellions, the challenge "Are you for King Jamie, or ----------?" was often heard; giving the not-wished-for answer could be embarrassing, or worse. There's a station whose name sounds much like the "blank" fifteenth word(s) in this post; what is its name? (The locals thereabouts, would have been fairly likely to reply, "Stuff 'em both: my vote is for Owain Glyndwr".)

Last edited:

Caboose Class

In the 18th-century Jacobite rebellions, the challenge "Are you for King Jamie, or ----------?" was often heard; giving the not-wished-for answer could be embarrassing, or worse. There's a station whose name sounds much like the "blank" fifteenth word(s) in this post; what is its name? (The locals thereabouts, would have been fairly likely to reply, "Stuff 'em both: my vote is for Owain Glyndwr".)
Cynghordy

Caboose Class

If only to maybe get things moving -- Holytown: for reasons so silly / abstruse / blatantly and obviously wrong, that I'm embarrassed to offer any kind of explanation.
OK, lets try another less cryptic clue. A famous novelist and poet died here, aged only 29.