• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
One of mine "too daft to explain fully": Catford Bridge??? (The Owl, serenading the Pussycat, accompanied self on a small guitar...)

duncanp

Established Member
As it is open floor I will try something topical:-

The president of the United States is a swanky top orator, and also a pariah

duncanp

Established Member
Yes it is Southampton Airport Parkway

Sorry about the spare 'R'

Your turn.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I have to cut this one short; the answer is Stansted Airport (Anagram - red trains stop at).

Open floor...

Last edited by a moderator:

neilmc

OK I'll try again ... not an anagram, will require some lateral thinking.

No they aren't, no it isn't and it's not central either!

neilmc

Clue 2 then:

The answer is three words comprising 15 letters. It's in the North of England. The next station along YIELDS a clue ...

neilmc

Yes New Mills Newtown it is - it's NOT central, remember? I doubt whether the mills are new and it's not a new town either!

Calthrop

Established Member
Yes New Mills Newtown it is - it's NOT central, remember? I doubt whether the mills are new and it's not a new town either!

I'm out of touch -- was working, incorrectly, from a system map. I'd imagined "not central" referring to the station being far out of the town, despite the name... dons dunce's cap...

Calthrop

Established Member
Oops ! Harbouring, I missed your Saturday message -- one minute before my same -- and have made no closer inspection before today.

I'll give this one a go -- Imaginable moment in an American war movie: succinct verbal order to Chester, member of US armed forces, to go up a mound and there do his stuff

Calthrop

Established Member
I'll give this one a go -- Imaginable moment in an American war movie: succinct verbal order to Chester, member of US armed forces, to go up a mound and there do his stuff

Hint: the late American country musician Mr. Chester B. Atkins is generally referred to re the diminutive of his first name, which is an element in the above clue.

Calthrop

Established Member
Correct ("Chet, go up the knoll"). Your turn to be an inglourious basterd and save Private Ryan...

johnnychips

Established Member
Harbouring are you going to set another clue or shall we declare an Open Floor from, say, 1200 on Saturday?