• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Zamracene749

Not Harwich, New Holland, Netherfield or Datchet.
Hint- the trains serving this station are primarily orange, although the livery isn't, to my knowledge, linked to the Dutch part of my clue

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zamracene749

Govan (Glasgow Subway)?
Go-van is correct, van meaning from or by in Dutch! I can't comment on the orange thing, far too political ;)

I was tempted to give it to John Griffiths with New Holland, one of those ones where the clue turns out to nicely fit more than one station!

Calthrop

Established Member
Correct -- "Sandy" is an affectionate Scots diminutive of Alexander; and Sandy, Bedfordshire -- on the East Coast Main -- is where the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds is situated.

Ye're turrn tae luik after the burdies, mon.

Zamracene749

Correct -- "Sandy" is an affectionate Scots diminutive of Alexander; and Sandy, Bedfordshire -- on the East Coast Main -- is where the headquarters of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds is situated.

Ye're turrn tae luik after the burdies, mon.

neilmc

OK. D6130 can have it - the tram stop is actually called Etihad Campus and I had to revise the clue to reflect this