• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Customer Service Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivod555

Hello, everyone. I'm interested in how can I become a customer service assistant, whether rail / underground. What are the neccessary documents and training courses, which i need and all further infortmation will be very useful for me. In official sites usually will not positions, but I see new station employees everywhere and I am sure that, as in other serctors is applied and starts in agencies. Can a little more information than familiar, please? By Night Tube and Crossrail, I'm sure will be looking for people. Thank you in advance and lovely Sunday.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You wouldn't be expected to have previously completed any training courses; all training would be provided by the company.

CatfordCat

Yes, it's not a role you're expected to have specific qualifications before starting, but past experience in customer facing roles will usually help.

I can't speak for every train company, but most of them will select / interview based on some form of 'competency based' criteria (they will usually say in the job advert / application pack what experience they are looking for) and will be looking for you to provide example/s of times when you have done something, e.g.

an example of a time you have provided good customer service

an example of a time you have dealt with difficult or challenging customers

an example of a time when you have made a decision based on rules and procedures

and things like that.

the exact questions will vary from one company to another, and you'll need to read whatever information they put out.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Without wishing to be rude, I suspect English isn't your first language? You probably need to work on that otherwise it is likely any application you make won't get past the initial screening.

ivod555

Thanks just the information I've read many times. Does anyone know specific agencies that work?

ivod555

My expirience to that moment has always been with agencies (now I'm in the company), and I saw that this is the way. You go somewhere if you're able to do any job - continue, if not, comes next person. But i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.