• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cycle reservations and online booking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjp

Which companies currently offer the ability to book a cycle a reservation on line as well seat reservation?
My old favourites have let me down

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Which companies currently offer the ability to book a cycle a reservation on line as well seat reservation?
My old favourites have let me down
The old-style MixingDeck, e.g. TPE, still offers this. Luckily, you can still obtain cycle reservations on the day at ticket offices.

VT 390

Established Member
Thanks but I cannot get it to give me a seat facing in the direction of travel - picky I know
Not all operators can/choose to offer this when reserving seats and TPE is one of them.

cjp

I know and my local station does not do seat reservations (and I believe even if they did you cannot specify a seat - is that true?)

VT 390

Established Member
I know and my local station does not do seat reservations (and I believe even if they did you cannot specify a seat - is that true?)
At my local station you can not pick a specific seat but you can choose if you want a window or aisle seat.

cjp

I think given the light loading ex Glasgow I shall just go for any seat with a bike reservation and just pick a seat I like when I board.

Come back East Coast.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What is your journey? If it is crosscountry then you can make a reservation via Twitter.

cjp

Glasgow Euston

I would have thought offering such a service online would not be hard after all it has been done in the passed.

Such is progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.