• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D&G Buy out BakerBus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin2012

I recently read that D&G Bus have withdrawn their service 36 between Crewe and Sandbach via Haslington.

Does anyone have any idea which service has replace this, particularly in the Haslington area as I can't find any details about it online.

For the record, I used to live in this area when I was about 2 years old and my mum regularly took me and my sister on the bus to go shopping in Crewe so I'm very interested in the services down this way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crehld

Established Member
D & G have confirmed that the Stoke liveried vehicles are actually based at Crewe ! I think the Leek vehicle is outstationed somewhere.

The Stoke liveried vehicles were used on the 85 to run between Crewe and Stoke. They still operate on this route, but now only runs between Crewe and Newcastle.

crehld

Established Member
They describe the liveries as Stoke Plumline and Stoke CityRider.

This service is Plumline: http://dgbus.co.uk/assets/plumline_2014-09-01.pdf

I'm not sure which route CityRider is/was.

IIRC the CityRider buses were on a number of routes subsidised by Stoke-on-Trent City Council, operated amongst others by D&G. One of which was the link between Newcastle and Hanley, which the 85 used to include. As far as I'm aware the buses used to belong to Stoke council, who sold them off a while back and stop subsidising the routes - hence why there is now no through service between Crewe and Stoke on the 85. D&G obviously bought the buses, which still run between Crewe and Newcastle (alongside some rather poorly maintained Scanias) but never got round to repainting them in red.

martinsh

Established Member
I recently read that D&G Bus have withdrawn their service 36 between Crewe and Sandbach via Haslington.

Does anyone have any idea which service has replace this, particularly in the Haslington area as I can't find any details about it online.
Its now run by GHA. I think to the same timetable, but their website doesn't admit it exists ! I only know because I have actually seen it running.

pemma

Veteran Member
Its now run by GHA. I think to the same timetable, but their website doesn't admit it exists ! I only know because I have actually seen it running.

Don't tell the public there's a bus service they might use it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.