• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D-SLRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Im guessing this is a stupid qestion but....

Can you use a camera i.e Canon 350D without buying extra lenses?.
I also here this camera dose video!.

I might buy it in 2009 late 2008 as a new camera as the S5700 will be out-dated by that time:(.

Thanks In advance , Fred.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
No SLRs do video.

No you do not need to buy extra lenses, but the included Kit Lens with the 400D (though you can buy as body only) is apparently useless.

Bonemaster

I dont know quiet what you mean, but for a Canon 350D you must have at least one lens. Most of the packages include at least one lens.

To go with the EOS 350 by 2009 this will be well and truely out dated by then.

Established Member
I dont know quiet what you mean, but for a Canon 350D you must have at least one lens. Most of the packages include at least one lens.

To go with the EOS 350 by 2009 this will be well and truely out dated by then.

What would you reccomend then?.

Bonemaster

I use an EOS350D myself and this has now been replaced by the EOS400D more megapixels and some other benifits.

To be honest with digital technology moving so fast, it is worth taking a look at models around closer to the time, however I would always go for a Canon I used to have an EOS500 back in the film days and was always more than happy with that now I have moved into the digital age, a EOS350 is more than good enough for my needs and pocket until I decide to upgrade

Established Member
I use an EOS350D myself and this has now been replaced by the EOS400D more megapixels and some other benifits.

To be honest with digital technology moving so fast, it is worth taking a look at models around closer to the time, however I would always go for a Canon I used to have an EOS500 back in the film days and was always more than happy with that now I have moved into the digital age, a EOS350 is more than good enough for my needs and pocket until I decide to upgrade

Thanks for the info. Dose it do decent video?

richa2002

Established Member
Oh for God sake Fred, do you not read? SLRs don't do video.

thefab444

Established Member
In my opinion, three things are needed for good photography:
- Decentish Camera
- Good Photographer
- Nice Location (not always a must though)

Anyway, as I said Fred but you failed to/couldn't read; no SLRs can do video!

Established Member
In my opinion, three things are needed for good photography:
- Decentish Camera
- Good Photographer
- Nice Location (not always a must though)

Anyway, as I said Fred but you failed to/couldn't read; no SLRs can do video!

My mate said the 350d dose. oh well. Im just looking for a base idea so if I need a new camera I know what to save for!.

thefab444

Established Member
The EOS 350D does not do video. I dunno if it dose or dose not, but it definately does not.

You don't really need a new camera yet; you only just bought the S5700. So why not save your money and worry about buying a new camera in a few years time?

Bighat

Therefore that camera is not an SLR.

Oooops..................sorry, quite right. Thought digital, forgot SLR. My own EOS400D definately does NOT take videos.

Stilll, the Finepix ARE a nice range of cameras, IF used correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.