• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D1015 at Trowbridge this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Just a quick one with D1015 at Trowbridge this morning:

DSCN2845-1.jpg

Mighty fine performance off her, video of her coming eventually too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Didn't get out for the phot?

Was a tad annoyed the sun was the wrong side again this morning, but good enough like!

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Cancelling Jim's bacon and eggs wouldn't have gone down too well :lol:

I'm sure he's capable of frying some eggs and bacon?:p Where's mine too? I'm sure Royal Mail would love to sort out bacon and egg grease seeping through and envelope:D

moonrakerz

Didn't get out for the phot?

Was a tad annoyed the sun was the wrong side again this morning, but good enough like!

Should have gone down to Yarnbrook !

2u9j2qh.jpg

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Even better the other side of Westbury !

2s1awyr.jpg

worth getting up for.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
No idea where Yarnbrook is and not one of us drives, so would have been a long walk I suspect!

Still some fantastic shots there!

moonrakerz

No idea where Yarnbrook is and not one of us drives, so would have been a long walk I suspect!

Sorry to confuse you ! It's just outside Trowbridge on the Westbury Road.
I went to my usual spot and found myself looking straight into the sun. Went to the other side of the line into a field - with very wet grass and two very nosey horses. !

16CSVT2700

Established Member
This wonderful machine came belting through SLO today whilst I was in the DSM office going over some of my paperwork, preceeded by a WCRC 47 and followed by 67028+stock+67008!

Dennis

Established Member
Its near that lake near to B&Q (some trading estate??)

The Western was shot from the other side of the line from the lake and a bit further towards Westbury.

Somehow, I've never managed to get a decent shot of anything around that area even though NR kindly opened up the view quite recently by chopping down a lot of the trees.

And yes, a bit of a hike from Trowbridge city centre - I'd estimate about 3 miles!

34067James

Nice shots there 8-) like the shot of Nunny Castle & Oliver .I hear Nunny Castle failed so that put D1015 on it with Oliver :razz:

James

Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sorry to confuse you ! It's just outside Trowbridge on the Westbury Road.
I went to my usual spot and found myself looking straight into the sun. Went to the other side of the line into a field - with very wet grass and two very nosey horses. !

No worries, still finding my feet in Trowbridge! Thanks for the updates on the location everyone, will have to have a trip down there one day!

Dennis: Trowbridge, a city?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?! ;):lol:

JonG

'Nunney Castle' failed at Newton Abbot with a hot axlebox on the tender.

The loco & its support coach was then moved to nearby Hackney Yard & then this morning moved under its own power to Churston on the PDSR for repairs to be made.

34067James

'Nunney Castle' failed at Newton Abbot with a hot axlebox on the tender.

The loco & its support coach was then moved to nearby Hackney Yard & then this morning moved under its own power to Churston on the PDSR for repairs to be made.

Sorry but what is a Hot Axlebox :???::-? , And do they get them on the preserved railways or is it just mainline due to the speeds they go?

Regards
James

Status
Not open for further replies.