• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dalmarnock - is there still work to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfc3024

Hello,

I went through Dalmarnock earlier this week for the first time in a long while and when the train stopped I was amazed as I thought it had been modernised for the Commonwealth Games.

Granted, I was only on a train that had stopped so I was not upstairs, but looking at the platforms I assume there is still work to be done as it still looks a mess and the platforms are very unwelcoming due to very very bad lighting. The grey panel boards are all out of line, the lighting is awful and if I was a visitor to Glasgow in the summer for the Commomwealth Games then I would be unsure about waiting on the platform.

It might be all modern and fancy on street-level - I might take a detour one day and get off the train just to see but I was amazed at the lack of change at platform level hence why I wondered if there is still work to be done?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Having passed through recently after an event at the nearby Emirates Arena, I can confirm that the ticket hall is now very light and airy. They also seem to be on top of crowd control measures (less so at the low-level station at Glasgow Central where we alighted!). I do agree that the platforms could do with a bit of work - they had to heavily restrict entry onto the platforms due to the narrow nature of them, and they generally could do with a lick of paint and som better lighting. :)

ADRboy

Platforms are a disaster, panels are in a terrible state and the lighting is still atrocious. Christ knows where the money's went.

Status
Not open for further replies.