• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day out to Scarborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_Smith

Hi,

I am looking at having a day out to Scarborough in May. Not sure of the date yet but it will be midweek. My nearest station is Whitwell, but I would expect to start from Chesterfield or possibly Worksop.

From Chesterfield, the return to Scarborough is £44-90. I have found Advances that can reduce that to £35 by splitting at York (Chesterfield – York @ £9-50, York Scarborough @ £8-00). Can you suggest any better splits/tickets?

If I was to use the split at York, I would take the 10:03 from Chesterfield 11:29 arrival at York. Then the 11:40 to Scarborough. Assume 11 mins is sufficient for interchange? (On the return it could be 7 mins) If first train was delayed I would be allowed on later train?

Alan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The minimum connection time at York is 8 minutes, so your return journey is not a valid connection. If the first leg of your return journey is delayed and you miss the second leg, you won't be allowed to catch a later train officially. In reality you might but don't count on it.

ashworth

Established Member
There are Advance Purchase tickets available on the East Coast Website from Worksop to Scarborough for as little as £6.95 changing at Retford and York.
They have all gone now for the beginning of May but many are still available for the end of the month.
The £6.95 tickets are also available from Whitwell but that of course needs additional change at Worksop with a long wait on the outward journey

Al_Smith

Oooo

Thanks for this, hadn't looked on East Coast web site......

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now made a booking, out at £6-95, return at £10-30 from Shireoaks.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.