• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Fast Track Drivers (15/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA8141

A bit different from the existing DB thread on here. Open to those already holding successful test passes looking to join at a quick rate it looks like. Multiple locations available.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Newboysouth

Hi.

Where it says “already passed train driver assessment” what does that mean exactly?
Eg: just psychometric tests or inclusive of Dmi and Mmi?
If anyone with a better understanding could clarify I would appreciate it. Thank you

MA8141

I’m going to say psychometric testing inclusive of MMI as it forms part of the day. DMI will be completed on successful application to the company and shortlisting from there.

Lewis5949

Why do they require a driving license? I haven't seen that on any other train driving job adverts

Lee1978

I have just applied for this, has anyone else?

Why do they require a driving license? I haven't seen that on any other train driving job adverts
I’m sure I’ve seen this on others, I believe it is so you can travel to work when working early or late shifts and public transport is closed.

Lewis5949

I’m sure I’ve seen this on others, I believe it is so you can travel to work when working early or late shifts and public transport is closed.
I can't say I've seen it on any other ads. They ask if I can get to the depot at unsocialable hours or live within a certain distance, and maybe even ask what methods you would use in pre-application questions, but not normally driving license. They do know there are cycles, buses, and my own two feet, right?

An unnecessary barrier.

Carl98k

I can't say I've seen it on any other ads. They ask if I can get to the depot at unsocialable hours or live within a certain distance, and maybe even ask what methods you would use in pre-application questions, but not normally driving license. They do know there are cycles, buses, and my own two feet, right?

An unnecessary barrier.
Like all freight companies, you’ll be required to drive a van to a station to relive a train or drive once relived.

Established Member
They do know there are cycles, buses, and my own two feet, right?

But probably not that will be capable of getting to some of the required locations, hence the requirement to be able to drive a company vehicle, as above.

Atishyou

Not at all, as Carl says, it's so you can drive a van to/from ballast (engineering sites) and go and relieve other drivers.

The van is a company van, kept at depots, not provided for personal use.

Atishyou

Don't DB cargo only accept passes within the last 6 months?

Also this sounds like a groundstaf role? "responsible for refuelling the locomotive"??
Ground staff don't refuel locos, that's the fitters.

It's in the job description for drivers, but very few actually do it. There are a few places where it might be more likely. I've never done it.

Applepie356

Looks like they are looking to poach people waiting in talent pools, however only accepting passes that are under 6 months seems a bit harsh.

golfsareus

the whole 6 month thing with DB surely they know its gonna be tough to find many people, if it was a couple of years they would get plenty of applications.

I've yet to apply, and shouldn't because I have only the stage 1 tests to my name so far. I've also not opened the application link.

For those that have, could you theoretically still apply if you have have Stage 2 tests booked in the not too distant future? Or is there something within the form that prevents you from applying unless you have the full set of tests under your belt?

Just thinking that by the time this reaches a deadline, plus the sifting process that follows, a candidate fresh off completing stage 1 then gets an extra week, or so, to complete stage 2 and potentially give themselves an extra employment option.

Lee1978

I’ve applied but passed my stage 1 in April and Stage 2 and MMI in June, stage 1 is just outside the 6 months so I will let anyone know what they say on here in case they’re in the same position.

Devon156

Out of interest why is it always a van rather than a car? Are you required to carry P-way equipment around?
It’s probably just easier to order 100 vans rather than a mix of vehicles you’d be able to negotiate a bigger discount with the dealer.

Newboysouth

I’ve passed all psychometric testing to enhanced standard within the last 2 months but I’ve yet to do an Mmi. Is this something I could or should apply for?

4F89

An unnecessary barrier.
How do u drive a company van to a t3 without a licence?

Out of interest why is it always a van rather than a car? Are you required to carry P-way equipment around?
Tax break

nb2001uk

Are you positive it’s 6 months? Did it mention that as a reason I’m your rejection email?
Its well known that DB are one of the only companies which accept passes no older than 6 months. It did not state it in my rejection email but I emailed someone from DB cargo HR. Also there was nothing else I could have failed on because it was a basic name address application....

If you ever interview for a job on freight, the company will probably expect you to know a bit about the job. I'd respectfully suggest you have much research to do.
Indeed. I lost my job offer with FL week before starting because didn't have a licence though was due to misunderstanding cos I originally applied for IM but hey ho

Applepie356

Its well known that DB are one of the only companies which accept passes no older than 6 months. It did not state it in my rejection email but I emailed someone from DB cargo HR. Also there was nothing else I could have failed on because it was a basic name address application....

Indeed. I lost my job offer with FL week before starting because didn't have a licence though was due to misunderstanding cos I originally applied for IM but hey ho
It just sounds like you have somehow failed the pre-screening part, there’s no way you would receive a rejection email that quickly if you failed for another reason.

nb2001uk

It just sounds like you have somehow failed the pre-screening part, there’s no way you would receive a rejection email that quickly if you failed for another reason.
as I said I emailed HR that i found on linkedin who confirmed. The application also asks for details of when you took your assessments other than that its basic name etc questions......

Traindriver40

its 100% not 6 months i was added to the talent pool in March 2022 with db cargo i passed my assessments in 2020 they said i will remain in the talent pool for a max of 2 years which would be 5 years in total from assessments.

I had my medical in October and now await a course date.

Unless its different for this fast track campaign but i see no valid reason why it would be makes zero sense.

Numbnuts846

My passes are 3years old and I haven’t been rejected although I did mine with db cargo in Doncaster

Class2ldn

I've yet to apply, and shouldn't because I have only the stage 1 tests to my name so far. I've also not opened the application link.

For those that have, could you theoretically still apply if you have have Stage 2 tests booked in the not too distant future? Or is there something within the form that prevents you from applying unless you have the full set of tests under your belt?

Just thinking that by the time this reaches a deadline, plus the sifting process that follows, a candidate fresh off completing stage 1 then gets an extra week, or so, to complete stage 2 and potentially give themselves an extra employment option.
But with all due respect you might not pass so then it will be a waste of time wont it. Unless you've completed them all then you won't be able to apply, people need to understand its highly competitive and companies stipulate these restrictions for a reason so unfortunately if you don't meet the criteria then you won't be able to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.