• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SVDW995

That’s me through the system now. Contracts and start date through last week for a March start.

Feeling very anxious as it all seems real now :lol:

Thanks for everyone’s help, here’s to a new start!
Well done! Good luck with your new career :D

Shunted

3 months ago yes still waiting for result of it.
I’m in similar position and it’s difficult as feel cannot book any holidays in case an email arrives any day stating a course date!
I know its a nice predicament in a way but family don’t always see it like that

Traindriver40

I’m in similar position and it’s difficult as feel cannot book any holidays in case an email arrives any day stating a course date!
I know its a nice predicament in a way but family don’t always see it like that
i haven't been told i have passed the dmi though still waiting on an answer.

NorthernTech

Standard (national) Psychometric (all tests done in one day), no idea about medical, is there different medical standards?

ArchangelA

Thanks for this. Ive just completed the safety critical medical for Network rail signaller, I reckon the train driver one may be more stringent but unsure.

Shunted

Thanks for this. Ive just completed the safety critical medical for Network rail signaller, I reckon the train driver one may be more stringent but unsure.
I know driver medicals tend to include heart ECG where as other roles it is not required

NorthernTech

Well I've just got to the end of my IST (initial signaller training) and failed the final observation
So what does that mean for you? Surely you are not out of a job? I would have thought you’d be getting some more training to retest, no? Or have you been put off and looking at driving instead?

ArchangelA

So what does that mean for you? Surely you are not out of a job? I would have thought you’d be getting some more training to retest, no? Or have you been put off and looking at driving instead?
No Im allowed a further two attempts at the final observation and then I think I have to either return to signalling school or out of a job-unsure. Im not impressed with Network Rail and its training to be honest

God

So I applied 15th Feb for Peak Forest, emailed 23rd inviting me for the psychometrics on 10th March (yesterday) which was a pass. Anyone have any idea of timescale for interview or is it just a waiting game. Thanks

Shunted

So I applied 15th Feb for Peak Forest, emailed 23rd inviting me for the psychometrics on 10th March (yesterday) which was a pass. Anyone have any idea of timescale for interview or is it just a waiting game. Thanks
I'm still waiting to here back. You heard back yet?
Apparently they’re finishing all interviews before giving results

WombleGuard

Checking my profile on the DB site it says under the job title "end of process'

Even without an email I'm guessing that can't be good?

BigChip90

My DMI was last Wednesday still says application in process and at Peterborough.
It depends how many they have to interview, with mine it was a couple of days as I was one of the last to be interviewed.

I’m sure at most it will be around 2/3 weeks. This is railway recruitment though. :lol: