• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Db schenker rail uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeger

Hi, first post.

So I've been getting ready last couple of months for assessments and interview in Doncaster with DBS for next Thursday 26th March for role of trainee train driver and get a phone call this morning from their HR saying it's off and recruitment frozen, no future date give for rent start. Absolutely gutted, anyone else had this and is it part of their recruitment processes to test interest?:-x

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
I never applied for these positions but very sorry to see this wasn't there a case they were advertising ferrybridge yet apparently no vacancies were set to arise

Unfortunately they advertise based on prediction and potential vacancies a bit like gambling!

Dave1987

On Moderation
Things like this reinforce my decision to stay with a TOC for the foreseeable future and probably my entire career. The freight side of things seems far too volatile.

Jaeger

Things like this reinforce my decision to stay with a TOC for the foreseeable future and probably my entire career. The freight side of things seems far too volatile.

I think a TOC maybe a better choice for trainee applicants too!

Hi, first post.

So I've been getting ready last couple of months for assessments and interview in Doncaster with DBS for next Thursday 26th March for role of trainee train driver and get a phone call this morning from their HR saying it's off and recruitment frozen, no future date give for rent start. Absolutely gutted, anyone else had this and is it part of their recruitment processes to test interest?:-x

I took my DBS assessments ( all of them ) and the MMI and passed all in January this year at Doncaster.
I've not had any call/email saying recruitment is frozen etc and also some have said that they have had emails saying they are not wanted for now and good luck but I've not had this one either.

I applied for Leicester and Crewe... I'm hoping no news is good news.

Grafter

Received this email today but have been already told beforehand. I applied on the 14th June 2014...

Thank you for your application sent in last year in connection with the Trainee Driver/Driver Operator vacancies at DB Schenker.

I apologise for the time that it has taken us to respond to your initial application and would like to thank you for the patience you have shown in allowing us to make our decisions. We wanted to keep everyone's application live until the very last minute to try and avoid rejecting candidates and potentially asking people to re-apply again in the future.

I am sorry to advise that we have had to postponse any traincrew recruitment for 2015 as the company undertakes a detailed business review.

Whilst I realise this will be a disappointing reply for you, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in working with us at DB Schenker and wish you every success in your search for alternative employment.

Jaeger

Received this email today but have been already told beforehand. I applied on the 14th June 2014...

Thank you for your application sent in last year in connection with the Trainee Driver/Driver Operator vacancies at DB Schenker.

I apologise for the time that it has taken us to respond to your initial application and would like to thank you for the patience you have shown in allowing us to make our decisions. We wanted to keep everyone's application live until the very last minute to try and avoid rejecting candidates and potentially asking people to re-apply again in the future.

I am sorry to advise that we have had to postponse any traincrew recruitment for 2015 as the company undertakes a detailed business review.

Whilst I realise this will be a disappointing reply for you, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in working with us at DB Schenker and wish you every success in your search for alternative employment.

This answers the why then. Seems FOC's are going through turbulent times at the moment.

JAMBO

All the big 3, Schenker, HH, and GBRF been given a hammering regarding the coal. Won't be any recruitment this year as there priority is to make sure the current train crew still have work.

Status
Not open for further replies.