• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DCRail Vacancies - Various (20/05/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghoul

Various roles

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robtattoo68

Various roles

Hi there, where would I need to apply for a trainee train driving job please. Thanks Rob.

Hi there, where would I need to apply for a trainee train driving job please. Thanks Rob.
When I previously expressed an interest in a DC Rail role I was told they do not take on trainees, or promote internally to driver grade. I'm not sure if that's changed since last October though.

Last edited:

ExRes

Established Member
This particular advert is clearly for experienced drivers only, I see no problem in emailing DCR HR and making your interest known though, it certainly can't do any harm

ExRes

Established Member
Where have this lot got depots? Can't find any info even on their website

Why would they have depots? they are a company operating nationally, as the job vacancy states, who need drivers where they need them and you don't need fixed depots to do that, if you do any basic research into the company you'll see the majority of the work emanates from Willesden and Chaddesden, obviously it would be advantageous to live in either of those areas but all long distance work requires drivers being relieved so looking on RTT at the work they do would give some idea of relief points, should anyone seriously want to apply it doesn't take much time to research the company

Last edited by a moderator:

Class2ldn

I'm not going to sit there and study rtt to find out the work they are doing, if anything il email them and find out exactly the score in regards to location, it was just a quick question to see if anyone knew , if they don't have depots and they are flexible with location then great but a quick question on here isn't going to hurt is it.

Heaps92

Terrible firm with no T and Cs. Book on from home and travel 90% lodging. Pay for it yourself and get reimbursed

NorthernTech

Sounds a bit like how Colas work. Obviously Colas are a much bigger company but DC seem to have been around a while now.

Class2ldn

I thought that might be the case, I dont think freight is for the faint hearted especially these sort of companies.
If you're free and single maybe but not if you want stability, be ok as a first job if you're a trainee but as said further up I dont think they'll take them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.