• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

December 2017 Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestone1952

Many times now available in Open Train Times. Obviously the fact a train is missing at this stage cannot be taken to imply it is withdrawn
;
GWR - electrics to Didcot after Christmas.
XC - at first glance none of the consulted changes are included.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Many times now available in Open Train Times. Obviously the fact a train is missing at this stage cannot be taken to imply it is withdrawn
;
GWR - electrics to Didcot after Christmas.
XC - at first glance none of the consulted changes are included.

I wouldn't read too much into Open Train Times yet as this may just partly be the current timetable copied and being edited as the process continues.

YorkshireLad

I think some of Northers changes are in there as it has details on the Sunday service from Lincoln to Sheffield

Starmill

Veteran Member
So far I can see for Northern:
The semi-fast service from Leeds to Manchester Victoria extended to Manchester Oxford Road (e.g. http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/Y51678/2017-12-15)
100mph timings for various 319 routes (most significant between Wigan and Preston).
Sunday morning services from Sheffield to Lincoln (one at 0849!!!)
A Sunday evening service on the Atherton line

I am sure there will be more!

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
It would appear Bishop Auckland has it's hourly service in place. Departures at:
0717 Nunthorpe
0821 Saltburn
0926 Saltburn
1024 Saltburn
1125 Saltburn
1225 Saltburn
1325 Saltburn
1424 Saltburn
1525 Saltburn
1624 Saltburn
1725 Saltburn
1805 Saltburn
1900 Saltburn
2110 Saltburn

The long gap towards the end, and early finish are the same as currently. It's twice the number of trains.

This pattern appears to operate every day - which is a huge increase over the current 7 trains a day on Sundays.

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
No. It's just because the data hasn't been uploaded yet. This is not unusual or surprising.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
The XX:45 Wigan Wallgate to Manchester Victoria's seem to all be extended to terminate at Stalybridge.

Long waits at Victoria I see (7/8 minutes), also for the Leeds-Oxford Road.
Not the optimum use of capacity.

I also can't see a return working for Oxford Road-Leeds.

bradford758

The plan is to start most of the xx.48 from Victoria back at Oxford Road at xx.38, not loaded in yet so there may be some fine tuning to be made.

greatkingrat

Established Member
There are improved late evening services on the North London Line.

Last through train from Clapham Jn to Stratford 2146 instead of 1946.
Last through train from Stratford to Clapham Jn 2205 instead of 2035.
Last train from Clapham Jn (to Willesden Jn) 2347 instead of 2331.
Last train from Stratford (to Willesden Jn) 0015 instead of 2345.

DC and Gospel Oak lines both will be 3tph until last train (currently 2tph after 2200).

xotGD

Established Member
It would appear Bishop Auckland has it's hourly service in place. Departures at:
0717 Nunthorpe
0821 Saltburn
0926 Saltburn
1024 Saltburn
1125 Saltburn
1225 Saltburn
1325 Saltburn
1424 Saltburn
1525 Saltburn
1624 Saltburn
1725 Saltburn
1805 Saltburn
1900 Saltburn
2110 Saltburn

The long gap towards the end, and early finish are the same as currently. It's twice the number of trains.

This pattern appears to operate every day - which is a huge increase over the current 7 trains a day on Sundays.

Great to see a boost to the service to Bish, just a pity there still isn't a later train back from Darlo.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The last Hallam Line train from Leeds still appears to be abysmally timed. Hopefully this will change.

johntea

Established Member
The 4tph to Harrogate - will any of these be a bit more express than the current service?

Something like this:

Headingley
Horsforth
Harrogate
(then if continuing further)
Knaresborough
York

Starmill

Veteran Member
They will be Leeds - Horsforth - Harrogate. It remains unknown if they will continue beyond Leeds.

Minstral25

Established Member
Interesting to see Thameslink trains all in timetable twice in January 2018 - as a 1Txx or 2Txx via London Bridge or a 1Wxx or 2Wxx via Herne Hill - but the 1T & 2T's generally don't have a passenger times at London Bridge so presumably set up in case the new line is not available so they have a fall back but not technically calling at London Bridge p4/5.

pemma

Veteran Member
The last Hallam Line train from Leeds still appears to be abysmally timed. Hopefully this will change.

The Hallam line (like most other lines) isn't set for a December 2017 recast so any changes will be minor e.g. a train departing 2 minutes earlier. When Northern introduce the re-routed Bradford to Nottingham service they'll be a full recast on the Hallam line and you'll see more significant changes.

I also wouldn't call the last service 'abysmal.' Last Northern services are typically depart the largest place on the route between 22:30 and 23:30, it's just for the Hallam line it's closer to the earlier end rather than the later end. On the Kirkby to Wigan line services finish by 19:30 - now that is an abysmal service.

Kieran1990

I do find it odd that Northern's new 4tph on the Harrogate line has just the one stop at Horsforth. Off-Peak travel at Burley Pk and Headingley is very popular and can lead to standing room only into and out of leeds. Anyone tried to bored the 15:29 exLeeds recently?

I assume that morning and evening peak are remaining as they are now?

bradford758

Incidentally, Sundays the Leeds - Victoria trains also continue to Oxford Road

Sent from my 4009X

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The Hallam line (like most other lines) isn't set for a December 2017 recast so any changes will be minor e.g. a train departing 2 minutes earlier. When Northern introduce the re-routed Bradford to Nottingham service they'll be a full recast on the Hallam line and you'll see more significant changes.

I also wouldn't call the last service 'abysmal.' Last Northern services are typically depart the largest place on the route between 22:30 and 23:30, it's just for the Hallam line it's closer to the earlier end rather than the later end. On the Kirkby to Wigan line services finish by 19:30 - now that is an abysmal service.

It's abysmal because it misses several connecting services. An adjustment to ten minutes later would help.

greatkingrat

Established Member
I do find it odd that Northern's new 4tph on the Harrogate line has just the one stop at Horsforth. Off-Peak travel at Burley Pk and Headingley is very popular and can lead to standing room only into and out of leeds. Anyone tried to bored the 15:29 exLeeds recently?

I assume that morning and evening peak are remaining as they are now?

Wouldn't it make more sense to run the York/Knaresborough services fast from Harrogate and then have 2tph all stations Harrogate - Leeds?

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
It seems North Wales (Llandudno) gets it Manchester Airport direct service back from December timetable if open train times is correct.

Although slow it is convenient for working etc to go direct and not have to change at Crewe or Manchester

pemma

Veteran Member
It seems North Wales (Llandudno) gets it Manchester Airport direct service back from December timetable if open train times is correct.

Although slow it is convenient for working etc to go direct and not have to change at Crewe or Manchester

What you mean about 'gets them back'? They currently exist.

Today's (weekday) ATW workings to the Airport: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...8/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=AW

Tomorrow's (Saturday) workings to the Airport: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/sea...9/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=AW

Last edited by a moderator:

cuccir

Established Member
No evidence yet of TransPennineExpress changes I don't think; I can't see the planned York-Newcastle extension of the Manchester Airport trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.