• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Attributor interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinistah

Hi guys, i saw a vacancy for a train delay attributor with network rail and after researching the role decided to apply for the role. I am now at app under consideration for assessment 2 so thought it is now time to start preparing for a potential interview should i be so lucky. My question is what are the interviews for this role like. Is it a competency based interview similar to a signaller for example. Also i sm reading through the principles and rules but is there anything else i could or should be doing? Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
The four week training course is as exciting as watching paint dry.

You’ll be “hated” by pretty much everyone you speak to as your there fo assign blame to someone.

A good TDA will work with Operations grades, some seem to take delight in pinning blame to Operations grades.

Sinistah

Thanks TOM. Really appreciate it. Im coming from a banking background. Do you know if they look at any particular past roles favourably. Im guessing a PA or administrator of some sort would be ideal for this role.

TomBoyd

It's a very technical, investigative job. It also requires you, as other Tom said, to work with some exceptionally difficult, obstructive people.

You'll probably be asked about things like PPM, the Right Time Railway and other things like that.

MokkaX

Hi guys, i saw a vacancy for a train delay attributor with network rail and after researching the role decided to apply for the role. I am now at app under consideration for assessment 2 so thought it is now time to start preparing for a potential interview should i be so lucky. My question is what are the interviews for this role like. Is it a competency based interview similar to a signaller for example. Also i sm reading through the principles and rules but is there anything else i could or should be doing? Thanks in advance

Hi sinistah,

New'ish member to this forum as I am applying for role(s) in the rail industry.
Just interested to establish if you ever went for the interview for the TDA ? and is so how was it ?
I note from your posts you have recently gained employment as a signaller (congrats) which is ultimately what I also want but in the meantime have been applying for roles to "get a foot in the door" so to speak (as per advice on this forum). I have a potential interview for a TDA so was interested in any info you can give.
I can't DM you direct as rules state I need to post 5 times to allow that to happen (this is my first post).
Any advice/info would be hugely appreciated.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.