• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russel

I didn't want to hijack the 'Less than 50% of delay repay being claimed' thread, so I've started this one.

On Sunday, I travelled to London and back from Tamworth on a super off peak ticket, valid on all LNWR Trent Valley services on Sundays, I booked it via the app and selected the 17:45 train off Euston as the return, I didn't actually know what train I'd be returning on but I knew I'd be leaving around 5 or 6pm, in the end I opted for the 16:46 Crewe service, but once at Euston I found out it was cancelled, so ended up handing around at Euston and using the 17:45 service.

Given this was a super-off peak which, if brought as a paper ticket wouldn't be tied to any specific train, could I claim the 60 minute delay repay for this, or am I just opening myself up to accusations of fraud or other such nonsense since it was an E-ticket with a selected train that I ultimately ended up on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You're entitled to claim, your ticket was a flexible one and not tied to any specific train. The format of your ticket makes absolutely no difference. If you'd purchased a paper ticket online you'd also be required to select a suggested service.

Status
Not open for further replies.