• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay today, 9th February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
My train was delayed by 45 minutes today, but I started thinking... if advice was DO NOT TRAVEL (despite a train service being provided), does that negate any Delay Repay claim?
This was a journey I needed to make, for a hospital appointment

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Delay Repay usually applies regardless of the reason for the delay.

There are a small handful of TOCs who offer the old charter delay rules (E.g. Chiltern) who might argue that they only pay out for delays caused by the railway.

gray1404

Established Member
Delay Repay still applies.

In theory a train company can refuse delay repay if the delay or cancellation is known about before you purchase your ticket. In practice I do not think this is enforced as much as it otherwise could be. However, if the train you wee delayed on was not being advertised as cancelled/or running late when you purchased your ticket then you are entitled to claim.

The best thing to do would be to stick in a delay repay claim.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My train was delayed by 45 minutes today, but I started thinking... if advice was DO NOT TRAVEL (despite a train service being provided), does that negate any Delay Repay claim?
This was a journey I needed to make, for a hospital appointment
You can claim Delay Repay based on the timetable in place at the time you purchased your ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.