deleted

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by 387star, 16 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 387star

387star On Moderation

deleted

Last edited: 14 Aug 2016
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Aeion

Aeion Member

I know guys at our depot who were waiting over two years for their start date. Things are for ever changing and nothing is guaranteed until you have a signed contract on the railway mate. Out of curiosity which TOC is it?

4. JohnFM

JohnFM Member

You tried to tell me via PM that I was wrong in what I said previously. Now you know I was correct.

You are in the pool. You may be chosen if, after a sift, you're deemed to be one of the best at that current time.

Until a written job offer comes in you're not guaranteed anything.

There are cases on here whereby folk have waited 2 years before they are taken from the talent pool and offered a job.

5. A-driver

A-driver Established Member

I don't want to sound blunt, unkind or dismissive so please take this in the kindest way possible. You have posted a lot on here about how you are waiting for a start date and have asked the same question time and time again by PM and within threads plus starting up another thread to ask the same. I fully appreciate you are excited about the possibility of starting as a driver but the harsh reality is that until you have a firm offer of employment and start date (ie signed a contract with start date) you are not garunteed employment. Therefore carry on with your life as you did before applying. Of course that is easier said than done but continue with your current job like normal, if you are see other driver jobs come up then feel free to apply for them etc but don't put your life and career on hold whilst waiting for a start date from GTR.

I appreciate that is far easy for me to say than you to do but so,e people go from application to job in weeks and others in months, even years. No one on here can give you the answers you want and it's a case of waiting I'm afraid.

In short, GTR are still heavily recruiting and you are in the pool of people waiting for start dates. I'd say there is more than 95% chance you will get a start date. When it will be no one on here can tell you.

6. 387star

387star On Moderation

Ok take your point thanks

7. Robcuk

Robcuk Member

you have to learn a little patience and let the recruitment run at its own pace. There is no point guessing start dates by what has happened previously - just wait and at some point in the near future you and the other guys in the 'talent pool' will receive some positive news.

8. red2005

red2005 Member

Railway HR is notoriously slow!.........just hang fire and keep everything crossed.....when you've been chosen they'll let u know.

9. Bucko

Bucko Member

It is difficult not to get too agitated and restless hanging about waiting for info. In fact my wife is worse than me, everyday asking if I've heard anything.

Tbh, best way to deal with it is to take each stage is it comes. Coming on here reading other peoples guess work, and trying to decifer ideas and gossip is prob the worst thing you can do.

You've done your bit - passed the assessments, got thru the interviews and passed the medicals. Now its arguably the hardest part to conquer - the wait !

10. johnsonr380

johnsonr380 Member

Probably the truest statement I've read here (especially about the wife !) In all reality nobody knows what HR are doing. Lots of speculation, I've been waiting a while lots of ups and downs. It'll all be worth it if or when it comes !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.