• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Deltic on the ECML 1Z55

Status
Not open for further replies.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Apparently 55022 will be working a one-way trip from Kings Cross to Edinburgh this coming Friday 21st April, stock will be the ScotRail DBSO rake.

Departure time is 1315 from KGX. No further pick ups en route. Tickets to go on sale very shortly...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Tickets £50 STD £75 First. So a bargain and cheaper than LNER.

Great idea, if a little short notice.

Trackman

Established Member
Why such short notice?
Also I see it goes straight back to Crewe as ECS, thought it might be up to something up there like a private charter the day after or something.
Tickets £50 STD £75 First. So a bargain and cheaper than LNER.
Indeed.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Why such short notice?
Also I see it goes straight back to Crewe as ECS, thought it might be up to something up there like a private charter the day after or something.

Indeed.

The train was originally planned to be a private charter to Alnmouth for the LSL chairman, however he has now decided to open it up to fare-paying passengers and extend it to Edinburgh.

To be fair this is a utter bargain, admittedly it will be more use if you have priv to get home, or there's always easy jet

Ediswan

Established Member
Is this likey to be mobbed by spotters, or is it worth seeking a nearby bridge/platform (near Stevenage) ?

12LDA28C

Established Member
Is this likey to be mobbed by spotters, or is it worth seeking a nearby bridge/platform (near Stevenage) ?

Do you mean in the train itself or lineside? The DBSO rake has so far attracted a number of younger enthusiasts who can be quite loud and inconsiderate, for example crowding round the loco, setting up camp on the platform a few feet away from the front of the train before departure and generally getting in the way but I guess maybe that's to be expected.

Ediswan

Established Member
Do you mean in the train itself or lineside? The DBSO rake has so far attracted a number of younger enthusiasts who can be quite loud and inconsiderate, for example crowding round the loco, setting up camp on the platform a few feet away from the front of the train before departure and generally getting in the way but I guess maybe that's to be expected.
Just contemplating watching and listening to the train go by. I can recall watching Deltic's go past from the now defunct Finsbury Park viewing platform.

12LDA28C

Established Member
Just contemplating watching and listening to the train go by. I can recall watching Deltic's go past from the now defunct Finsbury Park viewing platform.
It would certainly be worth viewing the train from a station en route or some other suitable location.

Trackman

Established Member
An update from LSL’s FB page:
Due to an earlier incident between Darlington and Newcastle which has caused some disruption, we have added additional boarding points at Doncaster (dep) 15.45 and Newcastle (dep) 17.20, This will ensure all passengers unable to travel south will be able to join our train. THIS TRAIN IS DUE TO OPERATE AS PLANNED.

43095john

Its running slower than usual. Seems to have engine troubles (number 2 engine cut out near Finsbury Park, restarted at Holme but seems to have cut out again near Peterborough)

DelW

Established Member
I think I must have seen the ECS (?) for this going up through Watford at about 11:00 this morning. I was so gobsmacked at the sight of the Deltic that I didn't pay enough attention to the rest of the train, but as well as the ScotRail coaches there were some in chocolate and cream and I think a cl90 on the back.

zwk500

Veteran Member

jfollows

Established Member
I think I must have seen the ECS (?) for this going up through Watford at about 11:00 this morning. I was so gobsmacked at the sight of the Deltic that I didn't pay enough attention to the rest of the train, but as well as the ScotRail coaches there were some in chocolate and cream and I think a cl90 on the back.
This one I think (the ECS times attached):

It’s now (15:55) been in platform 4 at Grantham for some time and is the way of 1R76 13:54 Norwich-Liverpool which in turn is holding up Lumo 1S97 14:48 King’s Cross-Edinburgh

Attachments

• Realtime Trains | 5Z54 0710 Crewe H.S. to London Kings Cross | 21:04:2023.pdf
    146.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

yoyothehobo

it looks like its been sat in P4 at Grantham for a worrying amount of time now and is blocking the Norwich - Liverpool Lime Street service on the ECML, which has a Edinburgh service stacked behind it

zwk500

Veteran Member
It seems to have compounded the problems a bit between Peterborough and Newark to cause some merry chaos. 1Z55 got sent Fast Line out of Peterborough with 1B86 KGX-Lincoln and 1D17 KGX-Leeds behind it, so it was Looped in P4 at Grantham to let the others overtake, but had already delayed 1B86 so that it managed to arrive at Newark NG just as the Up Edinburgh (late) and Up Lincoln (on time) were approaching, causing knock-on delays to them as it blocked out the overlaps while crossing to P3. Meanwhile, 1Z55 hasn't been sent forward from Grantham so 1R76 the EM Norwich-Liverpool is now sat at the signal waiting to work out what they're going to do and 1S97 is trapped behind that. https://signalmaps.co.uk/#newark:927

1A36 and 1B87 were green when 1Z55 passed Stoke Tunnel, although I expect it'll all get swept up in whatever other delays were going on and LSL will largely get away with this one
1682089107951.png

Lee_Again

Not sure what's wrong but if it doesn't get going soon they'll be quite a queue behind the Norwich>Liverpool train.

EveningStar

Friend of mine is on 1E14 and said they could not see the loco, just the coaches. Mind, was not in best place to observe (wrong side of train, people standing in the aisle ... and that is first class as well!).

Status
Not open for further replies.